Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
"Deadpool 2" re-edit coming out Dec. 21st

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 2, 2:27am

Post #1 of 4 (538 views)
Shortcut
"Deadpool 2" re-edit coming out Dec. 21st Can't Post

Fred Savage will reprise his role from The Princess Bride (1987).

https://www.slashfilm.com/...2-pg-13-cut-details/

"Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
"Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
"But no living man am I! I am Eowyn, daughter of Theodwyn!"
"Er, really? My mother's name was Theodwyn, too!"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"Wow! Let's stop fighting and be best friends!"
"Cool!!"

-Zack Snyder's The Return of the King

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Oct 2, 12:24pm

Post #2 of 4 (485 views)
Shortcut
The question is, what do you all think of that? [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand why they are doing it, one reason is to make some more money since they are releasing a "more friendly cut" than the original. I have seen Deadpool 2, once in theaters, and on dvd. Yes, it is crude, but I think it is fine the way it is. What do you all think about it having a PG-13 rating?

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Darkstone
Immortal

Oct 3, 7:56pm

Post #3 of 4 (465 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

A re-edit is definitely much cheaper than a sequel or a reboot so if this is successful this may be the future of cinema. Before home video studios would make a lot of money re-releasing (and re-re-releasing) successful films like Gone With the Wind (1939) to theaters. If the re-edit tempers nostalgia with a relatively new experience this could be a new source of revenue for Hollywood.

Additionally a studio re-edit of a film considered to be a mess by fans and critics (Justice League, Jackson's Hobbit trilogy, etc.) has the potential to succeed. (Or else just make it worse.)

"Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!"
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."
"Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may."
"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"
"But no living man am I! I am Eowyn, daughter of Theodwyn!"
"Er, really? My mother's name was Theodwyn, too!"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"Wow! Let's stop fighting and be best friends!"
"Cool!!"

-Zack Snyder's The Return of the King

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Oct 3, 8:05pm)

Annael
Half-elven

Oct 4, 1:41am

Post #4 of 4 (430 views)
Shortcut
the picture alone was worth clicking on that link // [In reply to] Can't Post

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.