Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
How has everything been?

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 11, 10:24pm

Post #1 of 9 (254 views)
Shortcut
How has everything been? Can't Post

Hey guys,

I just wanted to check in and say hi! I miss chatting on forums with the lot of you. Things have been crazy for me, I am a full time college student now, and during the summer, my family and I had to travel back to where my distant family lives because of the death of two of my grandparents. Its been a crazy summer, but I am embracing the Fall and Winter to come!

Cheers to you all,
OldestDaughter

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12, 1:33am

Post #2 of 9 (217 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle hug* Hey Lady! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so great to see you and find you doing well. I'm so, so sorry about the loss of TWO grandparents. Had they been sick? I'm glad your family was able to get back.

Being in a routine and back to school helps to feel connected again, but did you ever think you'd be happy to be back in classes!? With HOMEWORK!? *sigh* My g'son is back in university and is very happy to be in his own world again. It's great to be independent and busy... but sleeping in will always be a great thing! ;)

Not too much has been going on around here. Summers are quiet, though the bar has been open every Friday ;) One thing I'm starting to make noise about is preparing for next April's Founders Day celebration. Our 20th TORniversary! :D So I'll be hitting people up for games or activities for the Party!

*hugs* Welcome Back! Hang in there! :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Sep 12, 8:44am

Post #3 of 9 (192 views)
Shortcut
Sorry to hear about your grandparents [In reply to] Can't Post

Ton top of coming to terms with the loss. There is always so much to deal with when someone dies; your college work will keep you busy, no doubt.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 17, 9:53pm

Post #4 of 9 (143 views)
Shortcut
"Returns hug" [In reply to] Can't Post

My grandmother had a stroke in a stroke, and had lived for about a month or so before she had died in July. She was my father's mom. And my grandpa had been sick with cancer since January, and had died for it two days after my grandmother, he was my mom's dad. It was sad saying goodbye, but I have nothing but relief now that they are both at peace.

Well, this is first full time taking classes, I took an online class in the spring, and two campus classes during the summer, but this is first time I am getting the whole swing of four classes at once. I am not overly fond of the homework, but I enjoy all my classes(I have the most fun in Spanish lol, great group of people to learn with!)

I miss chatting on here, but I know I have been happy with finally the realize of the Fall of Gondolin book and the TT Complete Recordings. I have been listening to it on Youtube Red, but yet to buy it on ItunesWink.

Its great to be back!

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 17, 9:54pm

Post #5 of 9 (142 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

It was tough to lose two of my grandparents, but I have relief over it knowing that they are at peace. Oh yes, school has definitely been keeping me very busy!Wink

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 18, 12:26am

Post #6 of 9 (132 views)
Shortcut
That's a good way to keep busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sorry to hear about your grandparents, I was just reading what you wrote to gramma and Greenwood Hobbit. Your father's mom and your mom's dad - that's a lot for a family to go through, in just a few months! I hope the family is doing well.

Best of wishes with the classes! It is amazing how much homework there is, you think: oh, only four classes, but they do demand much of your time. Are you commuting from home, or living in a dorm?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18, 11:31am

Post #7 of 9 (128 views)
Shortcut
Bitter Sweet [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad you're finding peace in knowing they are :) I know they'll always be with you :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 18, 12:07pm

Post #8 of 9 (126 views)
Shortcut
Thank you :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to a community college, so I leave everyday and come back every evening, which I think is a good thing for me, since I used to be homeschooled. Kinda taking babysteps, or big babysteps lol.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Sep 18, 12:14pm

Post #9 of 9 (125 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

Its definitely been a year for a lot of change. I know my grandparents are in a better place, but I still cry sometimes over it, I think its just the process of my grieving. But its been a rough year emotionally, in March, we found out that our parish priest of thirty four years was being moved to another parish, and that was heartbreaking(he just left our church three weeks ago.) and in April, we had to put one of our dogs down due to cancer, which was rough. But its also been a good year, I go to college, and I plan on pursuing my degree in psychology, I have a small part time babysitting job, and in August, we got two kittens. So overall, its been a good year despite having to grow emotionally, but I suppose it has to happen in some point to everyone.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.