Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! September 6

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 6 2018, 1:02pm

Post #1 of 7 (2322 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! September 6 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

Welcome to September! OMG! How did this happen so fast!? Fall is my favourite time of the year, so I don't mind... until it gets COLD. :( Although, Spring is glorious and I love watching the trees and flowers wake up. Many of our Travellers are just entering Spring and the warm days are on the way :D I really wish I could afford to winter in NZ and summer in Michigan... then I could enjoy 2 falls and 2 springs every year! *twitch*

How are you coming along on your Walks? Do you find it's easier to have a routine in the Fall or during the Summer when you, hopefully, can go on more adventures? I find a blend of both works best :D

Do tell of your plans, progress, and goals. Sibbies would love to know!

My Progress: 30 miles
Cumulated 794 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell). The Company and I continue our ride from Isengard to Rivendell.

See you on the Road!!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

noWizardme
Half-elven

Sep 12 2018, 12:34pm

Post #2 of 7 (2068 views)
Shortcut
Sept 12 - I'm on the second night march out of Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

More exactly I'm 36 miles out of Rivendell, or 474 miles from Bag End.

In the real world, I did the last few miles of that on a Nordic Walking course, which was a lot of fun.

~~~~~~
Now you dwarves must be careful with that machine with a rotating cutting tip or reciprocating hammer or chisel, used for making holes - it's not a drill, y'know!"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 12 2018, 8:37pm

Post #3 of 7 (2032 views)
Shortcut
You're on your way! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like your style. I choose how far you are from Bag End... cuz that's my favourite place in the world after mine own home ;)

Nordic knows how to motivate! One of their Walking courses WOULD be fun :D

See you on the Road!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2018, 11:11am

Post #4 of 7 (2007 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! September 15 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

Here we are making tracks down the Road! How are you coming along? Have you picked up any companions or creatures? Sorta like Forrest Gump who acquired quite a following during his Road Trip ;)

I looked up as I was on the Road this past week, and I had several turkey vultures circling overhead. I eventually got a bit concerned! Did they think I was a victim of the Road? SHOOO! NOTHING TO SEE HERE! I suggest not throwing any rocks up at overhead birds. You'll probaby catch the rock back on your head... or a nasty drop from the bird!! SPLAT!

Give us a story of your adventure this past week... or how your progess is coming along :)

My Progress: 35 miles
Cumulated 829 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell. The Company and I continue our ride from Isengard to Rivendell. We've finally reached the valley of the Greyflood.

See you on the Road!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

sherlock
Gondor

Sep 19 2018, 1:06pm

Post #5 of 7 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Last year I had some [In reply to] Can't Post

mishaps & injuries and couldn’t even walk my dogs for over a year. I’ve walked them the last two days. Not very far but it’s better than nothing.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 19 2018, 9:14pm

Post #6 of 7 (1811 views)
Shortcut
Sherlock! :D I'm happy to see you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember you were plagued with injuries one after another. I'm so glad you're well enough to enjoy some quiet walks just in time for Fall :)
*hugs* See you on the Road! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 20 2018, 1:48pm

Post #7 of 7 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! September 20 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

How are you coming along on your Quest? Are you travelling secretly or with some of the Fellowship ;) I considered walking with Saruman and Grima Wormtongue on their exile from Isengard... but about 15 minutes in their company cured me of that FAST! I think the Balrog would be more fun. <:o

I've FINALLY found my septic tank!! Been looking since last October! The tank is another one I prefer to hang out with rather than Sharkey and Snarkey ;) So I'm digging and digging to find the "lid". It's 3 feet underground in a 5ft x 7ft area through hard clay soil... so it's definitely slow going. I think it would be easier if the cloud of mosquitoes surrounding me would go away! I'm wearing tons of bug spray and a net over my hat that covers my head like a beekeeper. Such a great look, fersher!

Do tell of your adventures and how your progress is coming along :D

My Progress: 30 miles
Cumulated 859 of 1,625 total miles for the entire Minas Tirith to Bag End journey (397 miles from Isengard to Rivendell). The Company and I continue our ride from Isengard to Rivendell.

See you on the Road!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.