Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Wellington movie museum plans cancelled - for now.

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 14 2018, 9:27am

Post #1 of 10 (877 views)
Shortcut
Wellington movie museum plans cancelled - for now. Can't Post

Seems we must be patient a wee while longer.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/...ing-for-movie-museum

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 14 2018, 11:18pm

Post #2 of 10 (820 views)
Shortcut
Bummer... :( But... [In reply to] Can't Post

Never say Never! Peter Jackson isn't one to give up on something he believes in or sets his sights on. Lord of the Rings, King Kong, Hobbit, Hobbiton in Matamata... he will make it happen. This is just another step in the negotiations. They KNOW this will be a huge draw when in full swing. Yeah... it'll happen. P'raps Matamata has room ;) But you know he'd rather have his beloved collections nearby.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 15 2018, 8:32pm

Post #3 of 10 (790 views)
Shortcut
An overview of the entire saga is here: [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/...ns-council-collapsed

Check out the photo of a very young Richard Taylor near the end! :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 15 2018, 8:44pm

Post #4 of 10 (786 views)
Shortcut
I know, right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out the photo of a very young Richard Taylor near the end! :)

Our geek captains with their toys! They've been at this a while, eh? I'm sure they'll find a big place to share all those great toys with us eventually.Laugh

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 15 2018, 10:04pm

Post #5 of 10 (782 views)
Shortcut
Still not clear what went wrong. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was talking to a Wellington City councillor a couple of weeks ago about this and he said "Do we have MUG printed on our foreheads?"

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 15 2018, 10:59pm

Post #6 of 10 (779 views)
Shortcut
It seems that George Lucas has similar problems. [In reply to] Can't Post

If his museum does ever get built in LA in Exposition Park, that's also where the Space Shuttle Museum is and a great place to spend more hours.

http://edition.cnn.com/...as-museum/index.html

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 16 2018, 12:33am

Post #7 of 10 (773 views)
Shortcut
One thing I've picked up [In reply to] Can't Post

from all the DVD docos and interviews and news stories over the years with PJ, is that he's a determined businessman. Just look at how he wouldn't lie down when he tussled with the studio over money he says he wasn't paid, or his previous fractious relationship with the New Zealand Film Commission.

I doubt he'd be an easy person to go into a business partnership with because he's very clear about what he expects - which, of course, is one of the reasons his films are so good.

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Annael
Immortal

Aug 16 2018, 1:51pm

Post #8 of 10 (680 views)
Shortcut
also [In reply to] Can't Post

he likes everything to be done HIS way . . . which is why his films aren't as good as they could be. Wink

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 17 2018, 1:01am

Post #9 of 10 (644 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if this was a factor in the decision to cancel the project? [In reply to] Can't Post

Taxpayers face a $13m bill, and tentative plans for a National War Museum have been canned, after the Government failed in efforts to prolong the life of Sir Peter Jackson's troubled Great War Exhibition.https://www.nzherald.co.nz/...mp;objectid=12099985The exhibitions' signature display - a painstaking recreation of Quinn's Post on Anzac Cove built by Jackson and his film-making companies - was three-and-a-half-years late in opening and only began accepting visitors in April.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 17 2018, 3:23am

Post #10 of 10 (625 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't be surprised. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.