Olórin versus Nyarlathotep

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 27 2018, 9:51pm

Post #1 of 3 (4423 views)
Shortcut
Olórin versus Nyarlathotep Can't Post

Who wins?

"The Crack of Doom is a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Barad-dűr."
-The Briefing of Elrond

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 27 2018, 10:28pm

Post #2 of 3 (4418 views)
Shortcut
Maia versus the Messenger of the Outer Gods [In reply to] Can't Post

This one's tricky! Olórin is described as the wisest of the Maiar; Nyarlathotep is cunning and quite crafty--perhaps the nearest thing in the Cthulhu Mythos to Sauron. This might be too close to call with both of them scoring points off each other throughout the ages.

"For a brief time I was here; and for a brief time I mattered." - Harlan Ellison

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 27 2018, 11:29pm

Post #3 of 3 (4414 views)
Shortcut
Alas, poor Olórin! I knew him Darkstone, a fellow of infinite vision, of most excellent wit. [In reply to] Can't Post

To sleep, perchance to dream … Unsure

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.