Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Do check out Graham McTavish's crowdfunder...

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Jul 27 2018, 4:19pm

Post #1 of 3 (271 views)
Shortcut
Do check out Graham McTavish's crowdfunder... Can't Post

OK gang, got to be honest - I have a vested interest in this! As you may have seen from the homepage posts, Graham McTavish (aka Dwalin, aka Dougal MacKenzie, aka the Saint of Killers) is fundraising to make his directorial debut. Adam Brown and Dean O'Gorman are also signed up to star, and a production company is on board. BUT they have to crowdfund a certain amount to get the ball rolling...

We at TORn are eager to make it happen, as Graham has promised us behind the scenes scoops! - and we always, of course, like to bring you all news of the Middle-earth actors and their ongoing projects. I'm also personally eager because, having seen the success of our own Indiegogo for the One Last Party, Graham has asked me to help make his crowdfunder a success! And, well, a dragon like to succeed in whatever she takes on...

Anyhoo - one of the cool things Graham is posting are hilarious videos. The first up is Stephen Hunter (Bombur) 'auditioning' for Graham's film. It made me laugh out loud (and wake my parents, whom I am visiting!) this morning. Laugh There are more vids to come - with other Hobbit cast, and Outlander cast, and maybe some other suprises... Graham will also be doing a live tweet session at some point, and I believe he's going to be with Quickbeam and Justin on TORn Tuesday next week.

To view the videos, you just have to make a pledge to the campaign. Please do check it out, and of course let me know any questions you may have. It would be great if we could get this movie off the ground, and see some of 'our boys' back on the big screen together. Smile Every little helps - thanks for any and all support! Spread the word with any fans you know!

https://www.indiegogo.com/...t-horror/x/9138929#/

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Jul 29 2018, 1:42am)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2018, 6:12pm

Post #2 of 3 (231 views)
Shortcut
They're having too much fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh!

What better way to make a directorial debut, than with friends? Cool

Do you know if things like the Stephen Hunter "audition" will be an extra on the DVD?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 1 2018, 2:32am

Post #3 of 3 (201 views)
Shortcut
Argh! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've tried 3 different computers and 2 different browsers... can't get in! I'll regroup and try another attack :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.