The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest C !!!

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 26 2018, 8:48pm

Post #1 of 8 (4017 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest C !!! Can't Post

It's the Big C! That's right Captioneers, welcome to The 100th Round of The Hobbit Caption Contest! Whoo hoo Laugh!

Many thanks to StingingFly for the nod on Round 99! Now for your captioning fun, here we go:

Caption away!

StingingFly
Lorien

Jul 27 2018, 12:22am

Post #2 of 8 (3959 views)
Shortcut
"Officer, this isn't mine...I have never seen it before" [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by StingingFly on Jul 27 2018, 12:23am)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jul 27 2018, 12:43pm

Post #3 of 8 (3915 views)
Shortcut
No more for me, thanks. This is the biggest burrito I've ever eaten./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jul 27 2018, 5:26pm

Post #4 of 8 (3815 views)
Shortcut
Yeah. She was at the beauty shop for two hours. And that was just for an estimate … [In reply to] Can't Post

er … oh geez! She’s right behind me isn’t she?!

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 27 2018, 10:12pm

Post #5 of 8 (3751 views)
Shortcut
"...and to find the secret door tap the map lightly and say, ‘I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.’" / [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Crack of Doom is a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Barad-dûr."
-The Briefing of Elrond

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 4 2018, 11:47am

Post #6 of 8 (3476 views)
Shortcut
Where is the option to select "All of the above" :)?! [In reply to] Can't Post

No fair, you guys are all too funny Laugh!

Loresilme
Valinor

Aug 4 2018, 12:12pm

Post #7 of 8 (3478 views)
Shortcut
And the winner of this very tough round... [In reply to] Can't Post

for re-imagining the cloaked and dreaded morgul blade of the witch king of Angmar as an overlarge burrito ... you're up, L. Ron!

Honorable mentions to StingingFly, Bracegirdle & Darkstone. You are all Masters of the Craft of Captioneering :).

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Aug 8 2018, 1:46am

Post #8 of 8 (3151 views)
Shortcut
Thag you very buch!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.