Evangeline Lilly - PJ saved her career

Eldaria
Rivendell

Jul 11 2018, 10:38pm

Post #1 of 9 (2249 views)
Shortcut
Evangeline Lilly - PJ saved her career Can't Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/...son-saved-her-career

“There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep ... that have taken hold.”

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 12 2018, 12:20am

Post #2 of 9 (2193 views)
Shortcut
Jackson strikes again! [In reply to] Can't Post

I always liked Lilly... and this article makes me adore her! She's so honest and down to earth. Once again, people who have worked with Jackson find a wonderful experience that leaves them feeling so happy.

She's great in Real Steel and The Hobbit... and I'm so happy for her to have this experience as a super-hero :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 13 2018, 7:56am

Post #3 of 9 (2142 views)
Shortcut
I like her... [In reply to] Can't Post

She's great, especially in Lost. But that love story in The Hobbit...what I've read she did not enjoy that too...I'm still very disappointed by this trilogy.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Jul 13 2018, 1:46pm

Post #4 of 9 (2135 views)
Shortcut
Evangeline was one of my favorite things in the trilogy. [In reply to] Can't Post

Granted, I wasn’t unbiased, as a huge fan of LOST. I’m so grateful that her career didn’t fade away.

I admit, I’m not crazy about where they went (or didn’t) with her in BotFA, but I personally think she’s the highlight of The Desolation of Smaug. She’s absolutely radiant as Tauriel, and her “Feast of Starlight” scene is a personal favorite of mine. Also, Kudos to Howard for the music there, as well as Tauriel’s main theme - both of which are among my favorite pieces of music from both trilogies.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Jul 13 2018, 1:48pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 13 2018, 9:11pm

Post #5 of 9 (2102 views)
Shortcut
I was in Wellington for the first Hobbit premiere [In reply to] Can't Post

and a couple days before, we participated in a sand castle building contest with Weta. They held the contest as a fundraiser for a local charity, and we were trying to set a Guinness World Record for the most sand castles in a set amount of time.
Surprisingly, there's a lot of requirements to break the record. The castles had be be a certain height, and they could not be counted until an hour had passed to make sure they were stable. We had a lot of fun, and turns out we broke the record! (I think the Weta record has since been broken, but for a while we were world champs).
During the wait and the counting, we all gathered at a stage where Richard Taylor was giving away prizes. I was with several TORn folk, and one of us realized the Evangeline Lilly was standing right behind us. We said hello, and told her how excited we were about the movie. She had taken part in the sand castle contest, and was just hanging out. She was warm and lovely during our brief chat.

Silmaril
Rohan

Jul 14 2018, 5:59am

Post #6 of 9 (2062 views)
Shortcut
Feast of starlight [In reply to] Can't Post

I like that scene too.

Chen G.
Gondor

Jul 17 2018, 8:19pm

Post #7 of 9 (1993 views)
Shortcut
It turns cheesy between films [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I admit, I’m not crazy about where they went (or didn’t) with her in BotFA, but I personally think she’s the highlight of The Desolation of Smaug. She’s absolutely radiant as Tauriel, and her “Feast of Starlight” scene is a personal favorite of mine. Also, Kudos to Howard for the music there, as well as Tauriel’s main theme - both of which are among my favorite pieces of music from both trilogies.

That's because there's a very specific place where her and Kili's love story takes a turn towards the cheesy: their last scene in The Desolation of Smaug. Because that's where it gets spelled out to the audience.

Everything before that is much more subtle, and could just as easily be interperted as a friendship. The early scenes in particular (namely the Feast of Starlight) also informs Tauriel's own sense of curiosity at the outside world, which is her most endearing character trait.

I was never too bothered though: thematically, this series is focused on familial ties (we never see a full family until the last frame) and same-sex friendships - the romances are kind of disposable.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 20 2018, 8:39pm

Post #8 of 9 (1901 views)
Shortcut
Agree very much [In reply to] Can't Post

She was a lovely and believable presence in the Hobbit films. I'm looking forward to seeing her play a (hopefully! no spoilers please :)) lighter and more humorous role in Ant Man and the Wasp.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 21 2018, 3:14pm

Post #9 of 9 (1874 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand clapping* That's ALL so great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember when you were there... and still smile like a fool reading your stories about that once-in-a-lifetime adventure! Times like those are surreal and just incredible! She was standing right there with you!?! Incredible! Fantastic! Lovely!

Congrats on breaking the record! In my mind... TORn will (and are) always the best!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.