Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Moot in NYC when the Tolkien exhibit comes to the Morgan Library?

Annael
Half-elven

Jul 4, 6:07pm

Post #1 of 7 (5231 views)
Shortcut
Moot in NYC when the Tolkien exhibit comes to the Morgan Library? Can't Post

It arrives near the end of January 2019; looks like they usually keep their exhibits for three months. I was planning on visiting my niece in Brooklyn sometime in March, but no firm plans yet; would be great to work in a Moot.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 6, 1:48am

Post #2 of 7 (5203 views)
Shortcut
Weather will be better in March [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm waiting to see the beginning and ending dates. Once we have that information we can work on a Moot.
Flights can be tricky in January and February with winter weather, so my preference would be March - might still be cold, but less likely people are stranded.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 11, 4:11pm

Post #3 of 7 (4906 views)
Shortcut
Dates published - January through May [In reply to] Can't Post

If we are targeting March, I would avoid the weekend of March 16-17. That's St Patrick's Day weekend and the city will be packed.
Announcement

Annael
Half-elven

Jul 17, 3:33pm

Post #4 of 7 (4453 views)
Shortcut
My niece wants me to come for Easter [In reply to] Can't Post

if that works for anyone else?

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 19, 9:48pm

Post #5 of 7 (4285 views)
Shortcut
Will you be in NYC before or after Easter? [In reply to] Can't Post

Easter is April 21 next year. Either works for me right now.

Annael
Half-elven

Jul 27, 5:24pm

Post #6 of 7 (3404 views)
Shortcut
I'll do a long weekend [In reply to] Can't Post

looking to arrive Thursday the 18th perhaps.

-- Gaston Bachelard

Annael
Half-elven

Aug 17, 10:44pm

Post #7 of 7 (2000 views)
Shortcut
arriving Thursday the 18th, leaving Monday the 22nd [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child" Saturday afternoon/evening (it's a two-parter), church at St. John the Divine Sunday morning, so will be going to the exhibit either Friday, Saturday am, or Sunday afternoon.

-- Gaston Bachelard

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.