Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What has been the best MCU series of Avenger films?
Poll: What has been the best MCU series of Avenger films?
Ant-man
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America
Iron-man
Thor
View Results (28 votes)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 15 2018, 10:03pm

Post #1 of 7 (6619 views)
Shortcut
What has been the best MCU series of Avenger films? Can't Post

Within the over-arching Avengers storyline we've had 'mini-series' that focus on some of the main characters. Which of these character-specific series do you think has been the best?

(I haven't included one-off movies in the MCU, such as The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange or Spider-man.)

The series are:

* Ant-man, and Ant-man and The Wasp.
* Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 1, and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2.
* Captain America, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and Captain America: Civil War.
* Iron-man, Iron-man 2, and Iron-man 3.
* Thor, Thor: The Dark World, and Thor: Raganarok.

Which do you think is the best?

Fereth
Rivendell

Jul 16 2018, 8:48pm

Post #2 of 7 (6505 views)
Shortcut
Thor [In reply to] Can't Post

But Black Panther trounced them all.

Meneldor
Valinor

Jul 17 2018, 8:09pm

Post #3 of 7 (6412 views)
Shortcut
I voted Cap for "best." [In reply to] Can't Post

But Guardians is my favorite.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jul 18 2018, 7:59pm

Post #4 of 7 (6311 views)
Shortcut
Had to vote "Captain America" [In reply to] Can't Post

"The First Avenger" will probably always be my favorite Marvel movie, and the WW2 setting makes it pretty unique. But I'm not sure anything can beat "Civil War" for storyline (although Black Panther came close), because it's not just your usual "fight the bad guy" movie, it's more like "just WHO is the bad guy?" The "Thor" movies would probably come next. "Iron Man 1" started the whole thing, and casting Robert Downey was a stroke of genius; but the subsequent movies weren't as good. In fact, the last one may be my LEAST favorite. "Guardians" is funny, but it doesn't rate as high as Cap or Thor. Likewise, "Ant-Man" is hilarious, but it says something when your favorite character is the wise-cracking sidekick (Michael Pena).

Annael
Immortal

Jul 27 2018, 2:31pm

Post #5 of 7 (5424 views)
Shortcut
what she said. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love Cap & "The First Avenger" is one of my favorites, but I think the Thor series is the most consistently good. The MCU suffers in general from WSFS (weak second film syndrome), but I like the second Thor film more than "Winter Soldier" or the second Guardians film and much more than "Iron Man 2."

I am aware that I speak as one of the few who actually liked Jane Foster.

But yeah. "Black Panther" was awesome. We'll see how they do with the second film.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 27 2018, 9:57pm

Post #6 of 7 (5372 views)
Shortcut
I'll go with Thor [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought Civil War and Guardians 2 were below par. Iron Man 3 wasn't great but the series is good enough for #2.

While Thor sags a bit in the middle installment as a whole it wins first place, IMHO.

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Oct 6 2018, 6:19pm

Post #7 of 7 (2981 views)
Shortcut
Thor. [In reply to] Can't Post

Absolutely fantastic. I loved Ragnarok (and not just because of Cate Blanchett). I thought Cap's trilogy was awesome though.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.