Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Happy National Ice Cream Day!!! squeeeeee!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 15 2018, 7:02pm

Post #1 of 7 (557 views)
Shortcut
Happy National Ice Cream Day!!! squeeeeee! Can't Post

National Ice Cream Day celebrated third Sunday in July in the US signed into law by President Ronald Reagan on July 9, 1984. What a wise man :D

You KNOW he did it for me :)

So what's your favourite Ice Cream!? I might just have some in the freezer right now!

Mine changes around, but MUST be with a waffle cone. There's
Fudge Ripple with choco-chunks

Sherbert... mostly Orange!

Moose Tracks (like Fudge Ripple, but has peanuts)

There a small, local drive-in restaurant that makes a hot fudge sundae... but they put a sourdough donut down in the dish first! OMG! I dream of those!

But one of the best Ice Cream cones I've had was while I was at a festival on Oriental Bay at Frank Kitts Park in Wellington, NZ. They had ICE CREAM! I wanted to try something I've never had before. I normally don't get straight chocolate Ice Cream, but this one looked yummy!! They gave me a sampler of it, and I snagged it fast! Regrettably (surprisingly) I didn't get a picture of the whole thing, so I went online to find a pic that looked like it.

This is the only picture I got, and it's the last bite.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jul 15 2018, 7:05pm)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 15 2018, 9:53pm

Post #2 of 7 (530 views)
Shortcut
National Ice Cream Day? [In reply to] Can't Post

What a civilised notion! Our weather would be fine for that just now, but in this country you could just as easily have rain and wind, so it would be a bit of a gamble. I don't have one particular favourite, there are so many tasty versions out there. I should try them all before making an informed decision, really...
Wink

Attalus
Lorien

Jul 15 2018, 10:44pm

Post #3 of 7 (526 views)
Shortcut
Alas! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not allowed ice cream. Until recently I made do with cottage cheese and pineapple, but I think I am becoming intolerant to that, too. Frown

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhúr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mûmak. But we got him!

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jul 15 2018, 11:47pm

Post #4 of 7 (519 views)
Shortcut
Ice cream makers learned long ago [In reply to] Can't Post

that calling any recipe "Death by Chocolate" would be an instant winner with me. There's a homemade ice cream shop 1 block from where I live, and they just added it to their very long list: chocolate ice cream, brownies, chocolate chips. Bliss.

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Jul 16 2018, 1:59pm

Post #5 of 7 (487 views)
Shortcut
MooseTracks for me too, Gramma!// [In reply to] Can't Post

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 17 2018, 12:02am

Post #6 of 7 (464 views)
Shortcut
We celebrated again this year. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a bowl of Orange Creme Fruit Swirl for my dad, and Cherry Vanilla for me. And I think we're going to keep the celebration going as the weather is just too dang hot not to! It's normal to have anywhere from 3 to 5 cartons of ice cream on hand at all times, isn't it? I don't eat very much at a time or eat it all that often, I just like having options when the mood strikes.

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Jul 17 2018, 12:02am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2018, 12:08pm

Post #7 of 7 (425 views)
Shortcut
There ya go :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Just knowing it's in the freezer is a comfort, isn't it!? :D I like your celebration! *high five*

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.