Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Happy Friday, everyone! Join us for Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 5:41pm

Post #26 of 36 (163 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh... sounds like a great weekend :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's a hot chocolate for hubby and you to keep you warm.

I'll bet your garden is so beautiful with all the love and attention it gets ;)

Have a wonderful weekend, m'dear!

sample

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 5:46pm

Post #27 of 36 (164 views)
Shortcut
You've been busy! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you ever had an oatmeal cookie with your lemonade? It's a GREAT sweet and sour combo :D

I'm so excited for you that you've got your book done and etsy is getting busy (hope it keeps up); but that pup action as GOT to be fun and adds a whole new level of madness to your days!!! Labs are wonderful :D

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 5:53pm

Post #28 of 36 (164 views)
Shortcut
Truly :) [In reply to] Can't Post

He starts his second year of college soon and will most likely need to work during next summer... so we really do cherish this time with that knowledge it may be the last crazy-full visit.

We're so much alike, it's scary. It's also been so different because he is transgender (formerly my only g'daughter), so we both have been going through a lot of transitions this past year. Me trying to remember his new name and gender references and he moreso realizing he's only going to be a "teenager" (19yo) for a few more months! He has very sound and exciting plans for his future and education and has no interest in drugs or liquor... so his passion is very contagious and fun to talk about.

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 6 2018, 5:58pm

Post #29 of 36 (163 views)
Shortcut
I never knew [In reply to] Can't Post

our stairs at home were so squeaky! And it's still a jaw-dropper, to put in one aid in the morning and suddenly hear a bird chirping outside - via that ear only. I've definitely been cursed with the family nerve-deafness, and cannot hear anything at the very high frequencies.

But: sounds are no longer too soft, or too muddled!

Now I've got to re-watch LotR, I was never able to hear the Ring whispering, I kept wondering what people were talking about. Unsure Got to try these out in a movie theater now, I think I'll take hubby to the Mr. Rogers documentary tonight. Smile

*slurp* Thank you for the drinks, gramma! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 5:58pm

Post #30 of 36 (161 views)
Shortcut
I think if the humidity [In reply to] Can't Post

wasn't so hi, the heat would be more tolerable. I'm impressed that she still tackles the run no matter how early it is ;) This heat was unrelenting!

Have a great weekend!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 6:01pm

Post #31 of 36 (163 views)
Shortcut
*gasp!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez... I'm so excited for you to discover so much! It's like being reborn with full knowledge :D

I hope you enjoy LotR so much. The subtle sounds and wonderful music will fill your mind! DO let us know how it goes!

I'm truly so thrilled for you! :D Though, at times, I'm sure it can be overwhelming to sort everything out! Stimulation overload!

sample

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Nomad
Forum Admin

Jul 6 2018, 6:12pm

Post #32 of 36 (165 views)
Shortcut
Ah thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm staying positive! Any good book news I get will get posted here first!!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 6 2018, 11:31pm

Post #33 of 36 (157 views)
Shortcut
Actually, [In reply to] Can't Post

I got up just 15 minutes ago. (A bit of reading in bed went a little out of control... Although I did get up to go to work this week, I swear!)

We are seeing more extreme events, usually with instense rainfall and wind. Did you see that Sydney, had a mid-winter high of 25 degrees C a couple of days ago? That's a decent summer's day where I live. And a few hours down the road from Sydney the locals were preparing for a snowstorm. The weather is bonkers.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 6 2018, 11:45pm

Post #34 of 36 (154 views)
Shortcut
How wonderful [In reply to] Can't Post

that he knows he has an awesome grandma to come home to even as he takes bigger steps in the world. Heart

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 11:45pm

Post #35 of 36 (149 views)
Shortcut
Sweeeeeet! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 6 2018, 11:47pm

Post #36 of 36 (154 views)
Shortcut
I did see it! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I wondered if it would visit you. Between the weather and quakes, you're really going to be busy! Hang in there :) And stay safe!!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.