Lord of the Ring Adventure Game

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 16 2018, 3:10pm

Post #1 of 9 (5660 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Ring Adventure Game Can't Post

Faire Greetings One & All

I have started up a game of 'Lord of the Rings Adventure Game. Which is a sort of a MERP-Lite RPG that Iron Crown put out in 1991. Here is the Wiki for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/...Rings_Adventure_Game
Here is a link to a PDF of the 34 page Guidelines:
https://rpg.rem.uz/...The%20Guidelines.pdf
That will be played at online site called Tavern-Keeper:
https://www.tavern-keeper.com/home.
Which to me has the best site design that I have ever seen for playing Pbp RPGs. The game itself is here:
https://www.tavern-keeper.com/campaign/3605/about
To get the game up and running fast. We'll be using the 6 Pre-Generated PCs that came with the game. They are Tolman Greenthumb, a male Hobbit Scout. His fraternal twin, Lily Greenthumb, a female Hobbit scout. Glain Longstride, a male Dwarf Warrior. Rilwen, a female Half-Elf Ranger. Gallind, a male Elf Bard. Finally Tatharina, a female human Bard. They will be given out on a first come, first served basis.
The first adventure 'Dawn's Early Light'. Will have our Adventurers starting out in Middle Earth, in and around the town of Bree. Which lies just to the east of The Shire. Timeline wise, the events in the game take place a year before the 'War of Rings'.
So if you're interested in play you will need to register at Tavern-Keeper, the site is completely free. Once you have done that, Hit the 'Browse Campaigns' link up at the top of the page. Which will take you to a list of games. 'Lord of the Rings Adventure Game should be up near the top. Just click on the 'Request Invite' button and ask to join the game Thank's for your time. Good gaming everyone!

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

(This post was edited by Wulfnor on Jun 16 2018, 3:19pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 16 2018, 3:27pm

Post #2 of 9 (5641 views)
Shortcut
i've never played this one. [In reply to] Can't Post

I own a lot of the MERP books, but I never so much as took a look at ICE's Lord of the Rings Adventure Game (for that matter, I've never owned anything connected to Decipher's Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Game, though I've been tempted to acquire their boxed map set).

I haven't gotten into playing tabletop rpg's online. If I do then it will probably be for Cubicle 7's The One Ring Roleplaying Game or their Adventures in Middle-earth D&D OGL setting. Btw, I see that that wiki article on the Lord of the Rings Adventure Game ought to be updated to mention AiMe.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 16 2018, 3:53pm

Post #3 of 9 (5637 views)
Shortcut
You should give it a try@ [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I own a lot of the MERP books, but I never so much as took a look at ICE's Lord of the Rings Adventure Game

Well Otaku-sempai, you can have a look now if you wish. As I have included a link to the PDF of the game's 34 Page Guidelines Books. TOR and Adventures in ME 5th edition are both great roleplaying games. But can be a bit daunting to try to learn when first starting out playing RPGs. Which is what this game is geared for. Let me know if you ever want to GM a game of either TOR and Adventures in ME 5th edition online. I will be glad to play.
You should give playing tabletop rpg's online a try. Nowadays it so hard to schedule a weekly game or like. Online on a site like I'm talking about. Players post to the game when they can. You can do it at 3am in the morning if you want. Of course something like a battle can take a week or more to fight. But then again you can be playing in any number of games at one time. That you have the time and energy to play in. You really should check it out. I haven't played in a actual face to face game since 2010.

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 17 2018, 2:42pm

Post #4 of 9 (5516 views)
Shortcut
If anyone has questiions.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Feel free to ask. I won't bite. Smile

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 17 2018, 3:18pm

Post #5 of 9 (5512 views)
Shortcut
Streamlined MERP [In reply to] Can't Post

In one sense, I have played a simplified version of MERP in the form of the TolkienQuest/Middle-earthQuest solo adventure books. I still have them in a box somewhere.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 17 2018, 4:24pm

Post #6 of 9 (5504 views)
Shortcut
You should come give it a try! [In reply to] Can't Post

When the game gets started, you will only need to make one, sometimes two posts per day, if that. if you don't like it, you can always quite. What do you have to lose?

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

(This post was edited by Wulfnor on Jun 17 2018, 4:25pm)

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 18 2018, 6:49am

Post #7 of 9 (5432 views)
Shortcut
URL was in not correct, [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry everyone, I just realized that third URL I listed wasn't wasn't correct. Try the one below, it should work just fine.
'That will be played at online site called Tavern-Keeper:
https://www.tavern-keeper.com/home '

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 19 2018, 8:18am

Post #8 of 9 (5323 views)
Shortcut
Spots are going fast! [In reply to] Can't Post

There is only one spot remain! Don't miss out on the fun!

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Wulfnor
The Shire

Jun 20 2018, 11:04am

Post #9 of 9 (5217 views)
Shortcut
444 views is a lot! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the player positions have been filled. Thank's for everyone's interest, who viewed this game recruiting ad.

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.