Admin. help, s'il vous plaît!

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 16 2018, 5:11pm

Post #1 of 4 (3252 views)
Shortcut
Admin. help, s'il vous plaît! Can't Post

I messed up and need a bit of editing help on a Pollantir post:
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=946041;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

Could you fix the spelling of Minas Tirith in the first choice?

And change the quote mark to an apostrophe in "I'm" in this choice (6th down):"The road goes ever on and on, which makes me so tired I"m staying home and napping."

For some reason, the edit button doesn't let me edit the choices. :(

Thanks so much!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 16 2018, 5:49pm

Post #2 of 4 (3239 views)
Shortcut
Well, that was most curious! [In reply to] Can't Post

I made the two changes, clicked to Preview to make sure they were correct, then clicked "Make Changes" - and they weren't made!

So I made the first change, and right away clicked "Make Changes" - and it took. Did the same with the second one then.

Looks like if you make a change, it gets reset between the preview and the actual correction. I'll have to remember that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 16 2018, 5:56pm

Post #3 of 4 (3239 views)
Shortcut
Why thank you! And how odd. And, do you know [In reply to] Can't Post

why the edit function wouldn't let me edit the choices? Should I have used Firefox, or is it that way in every browser?(And on a personal note, I tried emailing you and it bounced back (just a fun thing I wanted to send). Would you be OK with PM-ing me if you have a new one?)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 16 2018, 5:59pm

Post #4 of 4 (3237 views)
Shortcut
I know there's been problems in the past [In reply to] Can't Post

with editing those choices. I'm using Chrome, don't know how Firefox would work.

I'll PM you my email, I think you might have used one that got changed 2 years ago (when the cable company was bought out...Tongue).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.