Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Richard Armitage was almost Batman

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 15, 8:47pm

Post #1 of 9 (673 views)
Shortcut
Richard Armitage was almost Batman Can't Post

"There was a little flurry once upon a time just after I’d come out of The Hobbit where I auditioned for Batman. It was at the same time that Christian Bale was leaving, there were about five or six actors that were in line for that character, so I went through quite a process with that."

The rest of the story is at Bleeding Cool.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Jun 16, 1:04am

Post #2 of 9 (641 views)
Shortcut
Haven't caught any of the podcasts [In reply to] Can't Post

but I did hear about the Batman rumors. Would I have liked him better than Ben Afflec? Hard to say. IMO, Batman is EASY to play, it's Bruce Wayne that is the challenge. Other than Christian, I thought Val Kilmner pulled it off the best. (Btw, just saw Richard in "Ocean's 8," in another bad boy role, which he plays well!)

I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies - this is me!

from The Greatest Showman

Petty Dwarf
Bree

Jun 17, 6:17pm

Post #3 of 9 (594 views)
Shortcut
From Bleeding Cool? [In reply to] Can't Post

They aren't very trustworthy. Sometimes they just make stuff up.

Then again, there doesn't seem to be a reason to do that with this story.

That's pretty interesting. Has anyone else heard that they are recasting Batman again? I wonder who will play him this time?

"No words were laid on stream or stone
When Durin woke and walked alone."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 17, 6:39pm

Post #4 of 9 (589 views)
Shortcut
The next 'Batman' movie [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That's pretty interesting. Has anyone else heard that they are recasting Batman again? I wonder who will play him this time?

Yes, that's the rumor: Report: Matt Reeves’ Batman to Feature ‘Young Caped Crusader’. No replacement for Ben Affleck has been cast yet though, so we'll see how this shakes out.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 17, 6:40pm)

Hamfast Gamgee
Grey Havens

Jun 17, 10:28pm

Post #5 of 9 (576 views)
Shortcut
One movie crossover thing I might watch [In reply to] Can't Post

And seen as they seem to like a bit of super being fighting in recent super-hero movies might be Batman v Dracula. Who is the king of the bats?

Petty Dwarf
Bree

Jun 21, 7:48pm

Post #6 of 9 (470 views)
Shortcut
Been done in animated form already. [In reply to] Can't Post

Look for "The Batman vs. Dracula".

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 21, 10:29pm

Post #7 of 9 (462 views)
Shortcut
Batman vs. Dracula [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Look for "The Batman vs. Dracula".

That was better than I expected considering it was spun out of the animated series The Batman, but there is room for a less compromised adaptation of the Elseworlds story Batman: Red Rain.

Petty Dwarf
Bree

Jun 22, 9:18pm

Post #8 of 9 (440 views)
Shortcut
I forgot all about "Red Rain". [In reply to] Can't Post

My library and local comic shop don't have it, so I've actually only read a synopsis online.

Hamfast Gamgee
Grey Havens

Jun 22, 10:55pm

Post #9 of 9 (433 views)
Shortcut
That's the type of thing I mean! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks an interesting adaptation, but there is possibly room for another one! And I would imagine that Dracula would be right at home in Gotham city!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.