Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Opens bar doors wide* It's another Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jun 16, 11:28pm

Post #26 of 34 (496 views)
Shortcut
Me, too. I have three elderberry shrubs, and still haven't tasted any part of them yet... // [In reply to] Can't Post

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 17, 1:08am

Post #27 of 34 (493 views)
Shortcut
Elderberry Pie [In reply to] Can't Post

Homemade elderberry pie is one of those 'love it or hate it' deals. It isn't for someone who is bothered by getting small seeds in their teeth though.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 17, 10:22am

Post #28 of 34 (457 views)
Shortcut
Actually it very wasn't. :P [In reply to] Can't Post

It was at the Viaduct - I don't think they can do rustic even ironically. Wink

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Attalus
Lorien

Jun 17, 4:43pm

Post #29 of 34 (450 views)
Shortcut
Okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not gonna get gross, but I have smelled worse things than skunk. Pirate

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhúr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Műmak. But we got him!

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jun 17, 6:04pm

Post #30 of 34 (436 views)
Shortcut
I made a cough syrup from elderberries [In reply to] Can't Post

and it was very soothing, certainly did the trick - contained cloves too, I think - but as it contained a lethal amount of sugar I didn't make it again! Elderflower fritters made with a light batter are apparently very tasty, though I haven't tried them.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jun 17, 8:08pm

Post #31 of 34 (435 views)
Shortcut
Never had that, but I've used salve made from the roots by the older generations. [In reply to] Can't Post

I like elderberry jelly/jam, but have to buy it at country markets.The local wildlife got what little bit of fruit my native shrubs produced so far (and some of the flowers, too), so I'll have to start with the flowers this year and break some recipes down to smaller portions until I can get a bigger crop. The first blossoms started opening yesterday...

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jun 19, 9:12am

Post #32 of 34 (367 views)
Shortcut
Interesting - I hadn't heard of that one! [In reply to] Can't Post

I did make a small set of pan pipes from the stems once. Very whispery, but soulful.

Annael
Half-elven

Jun 20, 2:12pm

Post #33 of 34 (347 views)
Shortcut
I used to work in a hospital [In reply to] Can't Post

The point is, trying to describe a taste or smell that's not like anything else to someone who hasn't encountered it is . . . problematic.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Jun 20, 2:14pm)

Attalus
Lorien

Jun 20, 3:47pm

Post #34 of 34 (339 views)
Shortcut
Okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

true enough. Sometimes words fail.

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhúr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Műmak. But we got him!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.