The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest XCVI

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 8 2018, 12:57pm

Post #1 of 8 (4715 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest XCVI Can't Post

Many thanks to hanne for the winning nod on Round 95! In keeping with our game rules, herewith please find the entry for the 96th Round. Caption away!

Larger image here.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 8 2018, 1:46pm

Post #2 of 8 (4676 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: "Well, yes. It is a bit of a fixer-upper." [In reply to] Can't Post

"But with some new siding and a fresh coat of paint, it will make a dandy retirement cottage! Am I right?"

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Meneldor
Valinor

Jun 8 2018, 8:48pm

Post #3 of 8 (4643 views)
Shortcut
"I told you to take the exit at the Last Inn. This is a dead end." [In reply to] Can't Post

"Check the lodestone, what does it say?"
"It says, 'recalculating.'"

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

StingingFly
Lorien

Jun 9 2018, 11:02pm

Post #4 of 8 (4453 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: "Gloin, you said this was the summer home of your cousin Balin...you promised Roaring fires! Malt Beer! Red Meat off the bone!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 11 2018, 9:51pm

Post #5 of 8 (4340 views)
Shortcut
"What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?" [In reply to] Can't Post

"I mean to kill you in one minute, Mîm. Or see you hanged in Rivendell at Lord Elrond's convenience. Which'll it be?"
-Episode #22 of Amazon Middle-earth: "The Short, the Stout, and the Petty"

"The Crack of Doom is a small thermal exhaust port, right below the main port. The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy Barad-dûr."
-The Briefing of Elrond

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jun 14 2018, 6:10pm

Post #6 of 8 (4195 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: That's an old, gray CLIFF, not a HILL! [In reply to] Can't Post

And that shack is definitely NOT a "merry ol' inn!"

I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies - this is me!

from The Greatest Showman

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 14 2018, 10:17pm

Post #7 of 8 (4186 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Over to you, O-s!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 14 2018, 10:40pm

Post #8 of 8 (4183 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Loresilme! [In reply to] Can't Post

It might take me until tomorrow (or so) to find a new image, but we'll see.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.