Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Peter Jackson Denies Involvement in the Amazon Middle Earth series

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Jun 6, 4:06pm

Post #1 of 10 (1923 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson Denies Involvement in the Amazon Middle Earth series Can't Post

https://theplaylist.net/...p;utm_medium=twitter

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

cats16
Valinor

Jun 6, 4:20pm

Post #2 of 10 (1894 views)
Shortcut
Beat me to it! [In reply to] Can't Post

And Collider has run an article similar to that of The Playlist, summarizing the interview with Allocine.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 6, 4:42pm

Post #3 of 10 (1883 views)
Shortcut
So... [In reply to] Can't Post

...either the story coming out of IGN Germany is false, or this article is missing some important details. The truth should come out quickly.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Lindele
Gondor

Jun 6, 6:04pm

Post #4 of 10 (1842 views)
Shortcut
I was highly skeptical [In reply to] Can't Post

of that German article. It sounded a little fake. "I'm in the process of putting together the creative team" sounded very made up, in my experience.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 6, 8:24pm

Post #5 of 10 (1800 views)
Shortcut
It might be made up. [In reply to] Can't Post

There might still prove to be some truth in it.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

cats16
Valinor

Jun 6, 11:28pm

Post #6 of 10 (1758 views)
Shortcut
I can't imagine how so [In reply to] Can't Post

He's definitive in the Allocine article that he will not have any involvement, so I can't picture there being some middle ground between the reports.

And for what it's worth, The Playlist and Collider are very reputable when it comes to circulating stories like this.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Fleuz
Lorien

Jun 7, 7:37am

Post #7 of 10 (1662 views)
Shortcut
As it seems now ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Peter Jackson WAS involved in the series.
He helped assembling the creative team behind the show as well as coordinating the tech staff regarding all tings WETA.

So in the end both stories were correct.
He is not involved with the series but helped with the prep work, as stated by IGN Germany.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 7, 2:35pm

Post #8 of 10 (1616 views)
Shortcut
It seems the German article is basically correct [In reply to] Can't Post

TheHutt seems to have discovered the truth.

Due to the diametrally clashing interviews released yesterday by IGN Deutschland and French Allociné, the German portal Filmstarts.de asked both sites for clarification of their sources.
IGN could provide an audio recording of the interview with PJ which confirms their article:
- PJ is not involved directly with the Amazon series, and of course not as showrunner.
- However, he is "putting the creative team together" for the project.
- Also, he confirmed to be ready to participate in the project "in some capacity" and to help Amazon, as he is excited about their project.

The Allociné is still checking their interview as of now.

Source

Victariongreyjoy
Rivendell

Jun 9, 1:53pm

Post #9 of 10 (1506 views)
Shortcut
Even if PJ isn't involved directly [In reply to] Can't Post

and is working more like a executive producer, it still can be in the Jacksonverse? Since he is helping assembling a writers room?

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 9, 2:09pm

Post #10 of 10 (1499 views)
Shortcut
I suppose so, theoretically. [In reply to] Can't Post

If that is the direction that Amazon wants to take the show and all the necessary permissions have cleared then I guess the show could be set within the continuity of the movies. I hope that this is not the case and the show is based more directly on Tolkien's legendarium, but your mileage may vary.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 9, 2:11pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.