Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Andy Serkis' Mowgli - First Trailer!

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jun 2, 3:49pm

Post #1 of 6 (621 views)
Shortcut
Andy Serkis' Mowgli - First Trailer! Can't Post

I don't think I've seen anyone post about this yet, so I thought I'd start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1KTG-O1V0

First snippets of Cate Blanchett's gender-bended Kaa and Benedict Cumberbatch's Shere Khan. Also sounds like Christian Bale is going to make a good Bagheera, which is always critical.

I'm particularly excited about this one because from what I've read it sounds like it's finally going to get Baloo and Kaa right. Also hoping it will continue and actually pass the initial Shere Khan stage and get to the epic Red Dog battle.

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 2, 5:21pm

Post #2 of 6 (595 views)
Shortcut
It would be a relief [In reply to] Can't Post

to have a movie that reflects the mood and feel of the books.

Red dog, hairy toes and all, Yes!

Thanks for posting this!

Annael
Half-elven

Jun 3, 4:08pm

Post #3 of 6 (575 views)
Shortcut
So agree! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hated what Disney did to the stories I grew up loving.

Here's a clickable link to the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1KTG-O1V0

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Kelly of Water's Edge
Rohan

Jun 3, 9:33pm

Post #4 of 6 (559 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Annael. [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't know why mine didn't create a clickable link.

Maybe it's wishfull, but does anyone else see a red dog or two in the montage as the music climaxes if they freeze-frame? I was thinking more of this becoming a trilogy than it being in this movie though - I do think you need one movie to get through the Shere Khan arc properly.

As far as the clip of Kaa coiling around...something, I wonder if we might get a scene of the "try to get out of Kaa's coils" game, if this Kaa conforms more to the book. That could be a fun fake-out for non-book readers and delight those who would understand what was going on. I wonder if this will be the version that also finally "goes there" and includes the Dance of the Hunger of Kaa which no other version has been dark enough to touch so far.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 4, 1:09am

Post #5 of 6 (551 views)
Shortcut
Links [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Don't know why mine didn't create a clickable link.

It's not enough to just include the URL address, you also need to enclose it in the url and /url brackets.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 4, 1:11am)

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Jun 5, 7:06pm

Post #6 of 6 (511 views)
Shortcut
Yes, and oddly enough [In reply to] Can't Post

his "best" one, Bambi, bothered me almost as much as the Jungle books, even though it was a much better movie. I must have read the (translated) original by Felix Salten, plus the sequel close to 20 times, and I didn't like the idea of any changes at all.
Guess I'm Bambi purist. Laugh
Yes, the trailer looks hopeful. Nice to hear the "little brother," and a reference to the conflicted situation Mowgli has to deal with.
Thanks for the link!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.