Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! May 31

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 31, 11:59am

Post #1 of 17 (5448 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! May 31 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

Here we are at the end of May... and may I wish you all a very satisfying month of walking, working, and/or playing as you accumulate your miles with the Fellowship!

Let us know how you're doing! It's always fun to share achievements or commiserate with those who understand how Real Life can affect our days. I'm very happy to help you follow any chart you decide to use (if any) either here or feel free to pm me for those secret journeys ;)

My Progress: 31 miles
Cumulated 369 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Fellowship, Elves, Men and I have finally reached Edoras and passed the barrow mounds. We stay for Thťodenís funeral. Arwen and Elrond go into the hills for their last meeting. Arwen returns to Minas Tirith while the rest of us head for Helmís Deep.

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Jun 1, 4:08pm

Post #2 of 17 (5401 views)
Shortcut
Okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

FitBit says 9.4 miles since my last post
Congrats on 31!

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhķr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a MŻmak. But we got him!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 2, 2:09am

Post #3 of 17 (5365 views)
Shortcut
Hi Attalus! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Done!

You've gone 105.8 miles (rounded up to 106) The hobbits and you have left Tom's house and are riding to the Barrow-downs. Don't stop for a nap or anything. Just keep moving!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

noWizardme
Valinor

Jun 4, 8:33pm

Post #4 of 17 (5255 views)
Shortcut
Restarted at the start of May and... [In reply to] Can't Post

Iím currently making nice progress in a fine morning in the Barrow Downs (104 miles into the journey). So far it seems like all the stories are just fake: what could possibly go wrong?Wink

~~~~~~
Where's that old read-through discussion?
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 5, 11:35am

Post #5 of 17 (5202 views)
Shortcut
Well Done :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe you can pick up a shiny trinket or neat sword while you're there!! ;)

*high five*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 7, 2:21pm

Post #6 of 17 (5097 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! June 7 [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome Fellow Travellers!

How are you doing on your journeys? I've had a very busy week! Lots of walks and yard work, so I've made it down the Road a bit okay :)

DO TELL you your progress and if you're enjoying the scenery along the way.

My Progress: 34 miles
Cumulated 403 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Fellowship, Elves, Men and I are riding for Helmís Deep.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Jun 7, 5:22pm

Post #7 of 17 (5084 views)
Shortcut
Okay... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have accumulated 8.3 new miles.

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhķr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a MŻmak. But we got him!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 8, 1:07pm

Post #8 of 17 (5021 views)
Shortcut
You made it through a big danger... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Done on your progress! :D

You've gone 114.1 miles (rounded down to 114). The hobbits and you were captured by the Barrow-wights. Luckily, Frodo remembered Tomís song that brought Bombadil to your rescue right away. You also became owners of Westernesse blades found in the Barrows.

Keep on truckin' :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

noWizardme
Valinor

Jun 9, 5:08pm

Post #9 of 17 (4912 views)
Shortcut
Looks like I got out of the barrow too [In reply to] Can't Post

Now at 118 miles - which means I'm 'riding North through a gap'.
Also, just brought up the 3,000 km on my pedometer, which in a strange mashup, is the one provided by the Pokemon Go game. I'm not sire which kinds of Pokemon one might find in a barrow though - I was pleased enough to get out having only lost my clothes....

~~~~~~
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 11, 10:42am

Post #10 of 17 (4822 views)
Shortcut
Bwahaha! Pokemon!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have we taken a close look at that creeping hand? ;) Well done on the Progress!!! Watch out!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 14, 1:09pm

Post #11 of 17 (4639 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! June 14 [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you believe we're already halfway through the month of June!?! WOW! For those who are enjoying the warmer weather months, I hope you've been able to avoid the recent storms, fires and heat. For those dealing with the colder months... hang in there! I hope your winter is mild and quiet :)

So how are you coming along on your various Quests? Are you feeling like you're making headway? Short bursts of activity definitely gets the job done as well as marathon activity... so carry on and enjoy the view... and achievements! You can do it!

I'm getting some serious yard work done and going on daily walks with my g'son, so it's been a very satisfying season :)

My Progress: 30 miles
Cumulated 433 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Fellowship, Elves, Men and I are still riding for Helmís Deep. It's been nice to camp out in peace and quiet.

Please let me know if you'd like some input on how to do the Walk Charts. I'll be happy to take the road with you :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

noWizardme
Valinor

Jun 16, 3:48pm

Post #12 of 17 (4411 views)
Shortcut
Anyone seen my ponies? (June 16th) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm at 136 miles - so it's Day 8 and I'm one mile out of the Prancing Pony.

Not sure whether to review Prancing Pony on Trip Advisor, & if so how many stars to give it - nice place, but got burgles in the night.

~~~~~~

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 17, 12:29pm

Post #13 of 17 (4343 views)
Shortcut
Hey! It's worth a shot :D [In reply to] Can't Post

CONGRATS on getting to the Pony! The place is great for a song-fest if nothing else :D *high five* WELL DONE!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Jun 17, 4:40pm

Post #14 of 17 (4337 views)
Shortcut
20.8 [In reply to] Can't Post

...miles in the last 10 days. We went down to the Hill Country and did a bit of hiking.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 21, 1:32pm

Post #15 of 17 (4217 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! June 21 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers! :D

Happy Summer Solstice! The longest day of the year is upon us. What are you going to do with it? ;)

My visiting Baltimore g'son and I have been on many adventures this past week and have enjoyed many walks on my country roads. We were out star gazing last night... incredible!

So how are you coming along on your journey? The summertime in much of the world really makes getting out and about so much easier. Do you have anything on your summer (or winter) bucket-list you hope to do? Do tell... and do have fun no matter what you do with your days :D

My Progress: 32 miles
Cumulated 465 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Fellowship, Elves, Men and I have finally reached the Deeping Coomb at Helm's Deep.

Let me know if you'd like some help keeping track of your walks using the Charts... post here or pm me. We'll get on the road together!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 27, 7:03pm

Post #16 of 17 (3972 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! June 27 [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're enjoying your walks as much as I am :) I'm nearly done with my current chart, so I'm geeked about that! I'm also getting as many adventures in with my g'son as possible before he leaves for home next week.

So how are you coming on your Quest? We have the 4th of July holiday coming up next week here in the States, so there are a lot of people with special plans to celebrate the holiday. Have you got any plans?

If you'd like some help with using the charts and keeping track of your progress with the Fellowship, I'll be happy to walk with you and keep notes. Take care... and have a wonderful week/weekend! :)

My Progress: 32 miles
Cumulated 497 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Fellowship, Elves, Men and I are at Helm's Deep. We don't stay long as we head for the Fords of Isen; but not before Gimli shows Legolas the Glittering Caves of Aglarond.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 5, 2:52pm

Post #17 of 17 (3844 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond!! July 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

I hope those who celebrate the 4th of July had a BANG-UP time with fireworks, good food, friends and family :) My family and I have been doing a LOT of walking and yard work, so the miles are adding up!

How are you coming along with your Quest? What is your favourite way to accumulate your miles? DO TELL... and I'll see you on the Road :D

My Progress: 29 miles
Cumulated 526 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Fellowship, Elves, Men and I are still riding to Isengard and have just crossed the south end of the Wizardís Vale. All around are newly planted trees and shrubs.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.