Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Welcome to Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 20, 4:45pm

Post #26 of 37 (631 views)
Shortcut
Amish-made furniture, quilts, [In reply to] Can't Post

lots of local talent is there. It's near Clare (mid-Michigan) which also has several Amish-run shops and stores. It's held twice a year (Spring/Fall). The next one is the weekend of August 32 & Sept 1. HOWEVER, most of those same vendors will be at Burley Park outside Howard City off 131 (more on your route) They have 5 set-ups a year:

Memorial Day, July 4th, first Sunday of Aug, Labor Day, first Sunday of October

Be ready to do a LOT of walking and parking about 1/2 mile from the entrance. It's $3 to get in. It normally takes me about 4 hours to walk the whole thing and oggle at stuff. BUT the vendors start packing up around 1-2pm, so get there by 9-10am to enjoy it the most. :) Bring a backpack or wheely-tote thing to carry your treasure in ;)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 20, 7:23pm

Post #27 of 37 (615 views)
Shortcut
Oh, thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm putting those dates on my calendar!

Annael
Half-elven

May 20, 8:55pm

Post #28 of 37 (602 views)
Shortcut
ooh, nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I need to go to the salvage store where my sister lives that is probably my best chance of finding the old bakelite knobs for our 65-year-old Tappan stove; I've rehabbed the rest of it, but a couple of the knobs are burned beyond help. I've enjoyed bringing it back to life.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Annael
Half-elven

May 20, 8:58pm

Post #29 of 37 (605 views)
Shortcut
and Robert I of Scotland [In reply to] Can't Post

which makes her my cousin 25 times removed.

And no doubt everyone else's. Wink

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

Attalus
Lorien

May 20, 9:29pm

Post #30 of 37 (598 views)
Shortcut
Nobody [In reply to] Can't Post

...alive today is less than anyone else's 16th cousin. https://ideas.4brad.com/...ody-your-16th-cousin Wink

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mmak. But we got him!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

May 21, 2:17am

Post #31 of 37 (575 views)
Shortcut
Okay, I finally broke down and looked... [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, suspicions confirmed. I did indeed watch my distant cousin Meghan marry my distant cousin Harry. At least PBS invited me!

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Attalus
Lorien

May 21, 3:36am

Post #32 of 37 (565 views)
Shortcut
I didn't... [In reply to] Can't Post

....watch it, either, The last royal wedding I stayed up to watch didn't turn out too well. Crazy

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mmak. But we got him!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

May 21, 5:34am

Post #33 of 37 (558 views)
Shortcut
I'm a junkie. I admit it. [In reply to] Can't Post

I stayed up/got up early for Charles and Diana's even though my parents thought I was too young, and for both of their sons' weddings. I greatly enjoy watching the kind of pomp and spectacle my ancestors left behind and fought to avoid supporting monetarily. =)

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

May 21, 6:00am

Post #34 of 37 (559 views)
Shortcut
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!" [In reply to] Can't Post

This remains the definitive counter-argument, I think.

Treason doth neuer prosper? What's the Reason?
for if it prosper none dare call it treason.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 21, 11:22am

Post #35 of 37 (528 views)
Shortcut
I'll check [In reply to] Can't Post

to see if there are many Amish vendors at the Burley Park sale this Memorial Day. G'son and I plan to go. As most of the Amish normally travel via horse and buggy, it's hard to say if many from my area will make the 50-70 mile trip without the help of someone with a truck :D But I know there are also Amish in this Burley Park area. Most of the regular vendors will certainly be there :)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Half-elven

May 21, 3:38pm

Post #36 of 37 (522 views)
Shortcut
heh [In reply to] Can't Post

I greatly enjoy watching the kind of pomp and spectacle my ancestors left behind and fought to avoid supporting monetarily. =)

It's true! Part of me wants the bread-and-circus thing (without politics involved). I don't watch football (either type) except when my city is in the finals, when the whole place dresses up and flies flags and parades about - it's infectious fun.

-- Gaston Bachelard

Attalus
Lorien

May 21, 5:35pm

Post #37 of 37 (511 views)
Shortcut
Just think [In reply to] Can't Post

...how Aragorn's and Arwen's wedding would have looked! Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.