None - they're bad guys!
View Results (29 votes)

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 18 2018, 3:28am

Post #1 of 15 (4867 views)
Shortcut
Best Marvel Villain Can't Post

I mostly agree with critics who complain that most Marvel Villains (or comic book villains in general) are pretty lame, but there are a few that stand out to me. Up until recently I'd have said Loki by a long shot, but Eric Killmonger certainly gives him a run for the money, as does Hela from Thor: Ragnarok and Adrian Toomes/Vulture from the most recent Spiderman movie. Cate Blanchett just had so much fun playing Hela, and both Michaels played characters that had gotten the shaft and were at least somewhat sympathetic. I included Thanos and Zemo because they actually succeeded in doing what they planned to do, and a few others that I could at least remember LOL! If I'm counting correctly there are 15 Marvel movies, so obviously I've left a few off the list. In fact, there were so many villains in CA Winter Soldier that I'm not sure which one to include, but maybe Toby Jones' character (can't remember his name, LOL!) should also be on the poll, since he succeeded in infiltrating SHIELD, haha!

Anyway, I'm having trouble making up my mind here, so I think I'll vote in my own poll tomorrow. But please, cast your votes!

(This post was edited by Kilidoescartwheels on May 18 2018, 3:28am)

Attalus
Lorien

May 18 2018, 5:11am

Post #2 of 15 (4800 views)
Shortcut
Mmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe "The Incredible Hulk?" I haven't got a clue about the rest

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 18 2018, 12:33pm

Post #3 of 15 (4777 views)
Shortcut
Huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Attalus? The Hulk is not a villain.

Attalus
Lorien

May 18 2018, 4:48pm

Post #4 of 15 (4755 views)
Shortcut
He's not? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, he looks like one. Told you I haven't a clue about superheroes. Tongue

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 18 2018, 11:32pm

Post #5 of 15 (4717 views)
Shortcut
My husband voted for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I had trouble deciding between Loki, Hela and Killmonger. My husband voted for Hela - big surprise, haha! I look forward to seeing her play another bad girl in "Ocean's Eight." I also see that Thanos is currently in the lead, interesting. Marvel needs to figure out that giving a villain a purpose is not the same thing as giving them a personalityCrazy To me at least, Thanos felt like a step backward from Killmonger. Maybe Cable will have some personality, LOL!Sly

Meneldor
Valinor

May 19 2018, 12:21am

Post #6 of 15 (4707 views)
Shortcut
I voted Vulture. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't really convinced myself he's the "best" villain, but he's the one I most want to see again.

OldestDaughter
Rohan

May 19 2018, 1:11pm

Post #7 of 15 (4649 views)
Shortcut
I voted Loki [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the reasons that he has been one of my favorite Marvel characters since I started watching the films. But I feel that he isn't so much of a villain any more so I have to say Thanos was definately a well thought out villain.

I won't spoil anything since I am sure that not everyone has seen Infinity War, but I think he was great!

I am also a fan of Ultron.Wink

Bracegirdle
Valinor

May 19 2018, 4:10pm

Post #8 of 15 (4595 views)
Shortcut
Wanted to say Jörmungandr - we hates snakes... [In reply to] Can't Post

but he's not on the list.

First villain choice would be Kryptonite .. er .. Lex Luther. But he’s DC not Marvel. Mad

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 20 2018, 2:41am

Post #9 of 15 (4496 views)
Shortcut
torn... [In reply to] Can't Post

Loki is of course a classic, going back thousands of years if you count his run in Norse myth... and Marvel just continues his ambiguous nature. Tom Hiddleston is one of my favorite actors and I'm still peeved we did not see him in Middle Earth as an Elven Lord. Clone that man please.

The Elf Queen Blanchette is awesome and chewed up the scenery nicely... if you gave her the worst piece of cardboard character she'd turn it into something magnificent... but I don't think Hela had as much development as some others.

Thanos was a Big Purple Mystery until Infinity War where we finally got a character arc... wow. And Josh Brolin...wow.

But Michael B Jordan is like in his...what...second big movie? And killed it. Killmonger had more character development and complexity than most. The scary thing was he spoke the truth... and you could see where his rage came from, even if his methods were appalling and needed to be stopped. He also changes the hero, the hero's viewpoint, and the course of Wakanda's future.

Attalus
Lorien

May 20 2018, 4:49am

Post #10 of 15 (4481 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cate Blanchette screwed up Galadriel royally, but I blame PJ. She is a great actress

Annael
Immortal

May 22 2018, 4:07pm

Post #11 of 15 (4224 views)
Shortcut
Thanos [In reply to] Can't Post

because he's not out to rule the world/universe - I'm tired of that scenario. And while he's a monomaniac as they usually are, there's layers to him; no other villain grieves for his own victims.

But Loki's the most fun!

Annael
Immortal

May 22 2018, 4:10pm

Post #12 of 15 (4219 views)
Shortcut
yes [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ wrote the script and directed her to go nuclear, and he added all the weird lighting and sound effects. One wonders what that scene actually played like before he messed with it in post.

(This post was edited by Annael on May 22 2018, 4:11pm)

CuriousG
Half-elven

May 22 2018, 9:05pm

Post #13 of 15 (4198 views)
Shortcut
I think C Blanchett seemed to enjoy playing Hela more than Galadriel. [In reply to] Can't Post

Galadriel seemed like work to her; Hela seemed like a character she had fun with.

(This post was edited by CuriousG on May 22 2018, 9:05pm)

Saruman
Bree

Oct 6 2018, 1:57am

Post #14 of 15 (2409 views)
Shortcut
Loki & Ronan the Accuser [In reply to] Can't Post

Loki and Ronan the Accuser, hands down. Not only are they my two favorite villains, I'd say they are my two favorite MCU characters period!

Thor 'n' Oakenshield
Rohan

Oct 6 2018, 6:23pm

Post #15 of 15 (2336 views)
Shortcut
Hela [In reply to] Can't Post

Cate did wonders with that character. It gave Ragnarok the much-needed high fantasy vibe when we saw her raising her armies of the dead, with those antlers, the knives, the whole works. Wonderful stuff, and I'm hopeful that she will be coming back in Avengers 4.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.