Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Happy Mother's Day!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 13, 2:33pm

Post #1 of 5 (365 views)
Shortcut
Happy Mother's Day! Can't Post

Everyone has that special person sometime in their lives that made them feel loved and special. That you knew they had your back and cared about what you were going through... even if they didn't really "get it" ;) Here's to those wonderful people on this Happy Mother's Day with some maternal BS [Book Spoilers].

Happy Mother's Day Mom and Grandma(s). I miss you all a warm myself on your memory :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Half-elven

May 13, 4:50pm

Post #2 of 5 (341 views)
Shortcut
that would have been my dog. [In reply to] Can't Post

Alas, not all mothers are . . . ideal.

But I did have a "cookie mom" - the neighbor lady - who made a big difference. We need a Cookie Mom day!

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on May 13, 4:53pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 13, 5:06pm

Post #3 of 5 (338 views)
Shortcut
Happy Mothers' Day! [In reply to] Can't Post

All you moms, and grandmoms, and great-grandmoms, and god-moms, and special aunties and neighbors and friends!

In honor of mothers and those who are mothering: https://www.goodreads.com/...od-lord-was-creating

Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

May 13, 6:07pm

Post #4 of 5 (333 views)
Shortcut
"we see you" [In reply to] Can't Post

was the response to each line of the minister (a middle aged woman) speaking about moms, defenders, avengers, teachers, the moms who weren't perfect, those who had difficult children, or difficult moms, or whose children have fur.

Our relationships with our mothers vary, but they have a big job, and are the Goddesses of life...

Carry on.

bigger on the inside...

Na 'Aear, na 'Aear! Ml 'lain nallol, I sl ribiel a i falf 'loss reviol...
To the sea, to the sea, the white gulls are crying, the wind is blowing and the white foam is flying... (JRR Tolkien, Legolas Song of the Sea)

Aue, aue,
Te fenua, te mālie
Nā heko hakilia
We know the way
(Te Vaka, Moana soundtrack)

Member of Horse Manure Movers Local 101, Raptor Wranglers & Rehab, and Night Fury Trainers Assoc. Owned by several cats and a very small team of maniacal sled dogs... sorry Radagast, those rabbits were delicious...

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

May 13, 9:45pm

Post #5 of 5 (323 views)
Shortcut
My relationship with my mother [In reply to] Can't Post

was slightly complicated due to her 'nerves' as they put it in those days, but she did her best in difficult circumstances and their best is all anyone can do, so fair enough. I don't remember my Grandmas; one died when I was three months old, Mum's mother, who she had to nurse while looking after me, which didn't help her situation; the other died when I was five. My grandsons, however, have two Grandmas - and a spare, my ex's second wife! The UK Mother's day was in March; we have Father's day coming up on 17th June.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.