Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Wondering about the Arwen/Elrond scenes in ROTK

Darth Crumb
The Shire

May 10, 7:34pm

Post #1 of 3 (1003 views)
Shortcut
Wondering about the Arwen/Elrond scenes in ROTK Can't Post

Did PJ explain how the scenes with Arwen and Elrond came together in ROTK? It seems choppy, as if some of it was shot for the earlier movies and stitched in with reshoots. Or scenes are missing?

Timeline-wise it feels like it takes place during Two Towers (which would give Elrond more time to reforge the sword then ride thousands of miles south). The shot of Elrond watching the sword get reforged looks like it follows right from his mind-chat with Galadriel.

(This post was edited by Darth Crumb on May 10, 7:35pm)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

May 10, 8:18pm

Post #2 of 3 (988 views)
Shortcut
Wasn't Arwen's vision of Eldarion, [In reply to] Can't Post

then Arwen facing off with Elrond, originally meant to be in TTT? Or am I mis-remembering?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

skyofcoffeebeans
Bree

May 10, 9:05pm

Post #3 of 3 (981 views)
Shortcut
That [In reply to] Can't Post

and the first half of the Elrond / Arwen scene, I think, was supposed to be in TTT. The second part of the scene (Arwen's costume changes) seems to be a completely different scene inserted. We see part of what I assume is the original scene ending with Arwen on a bridge in the ROTK trailer with a line from Elrond: "You gave away your life's grace; I cannot protect you anymore."

I can't make heads or tails of how much of this was originally intended to be in TTT, but that seems designed as a cliffhangery line.

Of course, these were all reshoots, as Arwen somehow made it to Helm's Deep by the events of the "original" 3-film script.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.