The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest XCIV

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 6 2018, 8:32pm

Post #1 of 8 (5399 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest XCIV Can't Post

Has there really been 93 of these already? As called upon by L. Ron Halfelven, here is provided the next image that is to be captioned. What is happening or being said here. Keep it clean; this is a family site!

Larger image here.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Lissuin
Valinor

May 7 2018, 3:38am

Post #2 of 8 (5329 views)
Shortcut
Alfrid: The mood of the people, Sire, it's turning ugly. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's my belief they're being led on by troublemakers.

Master of Lake-town: Then we must find these troublemakers and arrest them!

A: I believe it is TORn, Sire. Their spies are everywhere. (looks around) We cannot trust even the most innocent-looking fisherman or street sweeper. They're always watching, always talking.

MoL-t: I wonder...I wonder if some ancient law might exist that forbids peasants from talking. Do you think such a venerable statute might exist?

A: Almost certainly, Sire. I'll write one immediately. How does "Non-Disclosure Agreement" sound?

MoL-t: Excellent! That should shut them up. Rabble-rousers!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 7 2018, 4:42am

Post #3 of 8 (5311 views)
Shortcut
"Really Alfrid, I don't think 'Nazgul-chic' will catch on for winter wardrobes." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

hanne
Lorien

May 8 2018, 5:09pm

Post #4 of 8 (5244 views)
Shortcut
Dragon-toasted crumpets are not for commoners! The Big Furry Hat has Spoken. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

May 8 2018, 7:06pm

Post #5 of 8 (5237 views)
Shortcut
"Just a bit of advice, sir: 'Beware of Falling Dragons'." "Right back at you, Alfrid: 'Beware of Extended Editions'." / [In reply to] Can't Post

“Did you say 'You Shall Not Pass' or 'You Shall Not Sass'?" asked the Balrog.

"I said 'You Shall Not Pass,'” replied Gandalf; "and I wish you wouldn't keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly: you make one quite giddy."

"All right," said the Balrog; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of its wings, and ending with its shadow, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

'Well! I've often seen wings without a Balrog,' thought Gandalf; `but a Balrog without wings! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!’

-The Adventures of Gandalf in Middle-earth Land

(This post was edited by Darkstone on May 8 2018, 7:08pm)

Bracegirdle
Valinor

May 12 2018, 2:03am

Post #6 of 8 (5065 views)
Shortcut
Is that your hat or do you have head petechiae? / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 14 2018, 10:05am

Post #7 of 8 (5022 views)
Shortcut
hanne is the winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping for a few more entries, but it's been over a week and a decision must be made. The Colbert reference ("big, furry hat") put hanne over the top!

Go forth and post!

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

hanne
Lorien

May 21 2018, 9:46pm

Post #8 of 8 (4946 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Very kind of you, and I'm so sorry I haven't been here for so long. Let me find a pic and I'll start us up anew.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.