The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest XCIII

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Apr 25 2018, 1:52am

Post #1 of 9 (5154 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest XCIII Can't Post

Thanks to cats16 for the nod. Now, what do you all suppose this bit of dictation is all about?

Original here: http://www.caps.media/...encaps.com-13801.jpg

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 25 2018, 5:05pm

Post #2 of 9 (5082 views)
Shortcut
"How you turn my world, you precious thing!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

“Did you say 'You Shall Not Pass' or 'You Shall Not Sass'?" asked the Balrog.

"I said 'You Shall Not Pass,'” replied Gandalf; "and I wish you wouldn't keep appearing and vanishing so suddenly: you make one quite giddy."

"All right," said the Balrog; and this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the end of its wings, and ending with its shadow, which remained some time after the rest of it had gone.

'Well! I've often seen wings without a Balrog,' thought Gandalf; `but a Balrog without wings! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!’

-The Adventures of Gandalf in Middle-earth Land

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Apr 25 2018, 5:21pm

Post #3 of 9 (5085 views)
Shortcut
"Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning"* [In reply to] Can't Post

* Kudos to the late Douglas Adams for the title. May he never be without his towel.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 25 2018, 7:02pm

Post #4 of 9 (5069 views)
Shortcut
"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 25 2018, 8:00pm

Post #5 of 9 (5065 views)
Shortcut
Yes, yes of course I'll have to go to The Wedding! [In reply to] Can't Post

Send my "Delighteds", then come help me choose an outfit.

cats16
Half-elven

Apr 27 2018, 4:16am

Post #6 of 9 (5039 views)
Shortcut
Dr. Evil, I'll make you a deal. You keep your mojo, you keep your money, but I get your baby! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

May 1 2018, 3:04am

Post #7 of 9 (4755 views)
Shortcut
Goblin King: You're telling me the Dwarves are demanding pizza? [In reply to] Can't Post

One dozen large sausage & pepperoni pizzas, cheesy breadsticks AND 2 kegs of beer??? Of all the NERVE!

I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies - this is me!

from The Greatest Showman

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

May 6 2018, 7:28pm

Post #8 of 9 (4566 views)
Shortcut
To head off any further Vogon poetry, I declare this the winner./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 6 2018, 8:22pm

Post #9 of 9 (4548 views)
Shortcut
I thank you... [In reply to] Can't Post

my spouse thanks you, and my dear old mother would would thank you if she had not just been devoured by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. I will soon search for an appropriate image for the next contest. I extend my thanks with the following verse:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts
With my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!

- Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on May 6 2018, 8:23pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.