The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit seen as a serie

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 18 2018, 1:13pm

Post #1 of 6 (3678 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit seen as a serie Can't Post

I saw recently hobbit movies extended editions, but this time we saw a cd per day, this makes six days seeing the story.

It was a long time after watching them and the first time wathching in that way and I found them very enjoyable watching them in this way.

The story was terrific, nothing was too anoying at all. Seeing them in this way made the feeling that the journey was longer than watching the movies in a row.

It helped also paying more attemption each time and I could see more detalis and to capture more feelings of the atmosphere of each scene.

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true

Survivor to The Battle for the Fifth Trailer

Hobbit Cinema Marathon Hero

There and Back Again Traveller

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 18 2018, 7:44pm

Post #2 of 6 (3642 views)
Shortcut
Can you tell me where the first disc ends for each film? [In reply to] Can't Post

I’ve never seen the split dvd versions.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2018, 3:13pm

Post #3 of 6 (3602 views)
Shortcut
yhea [In reply to] Can't Post

AUJ - Azog at weathertop

DOS- Bard seeks the tapestry

BOFA- Thorin rejects Dwalin on the throne

FOTR- The Council of Elrond ends

TTT- Frodo and Sam captured by Faramir

ROTK- Grond arrives

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2018, 3:15pm

Post #4 of 6 (3601 views)
Shortcut
Black Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

I was surprised seeing the six movies like this, that Lurtz looks like a cheap version of Azog, but in black.

Also the company of Thorin, because they are not split until the end, I found it more reliable, than FOTR.

Although the great characters we have in the Fellowship, wich are greater, the company of dwarves is easier to follow and you understand more the bounds and friendship because you see them pass trough a lot togheter.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 19 2018, 3:29pm

Post #5 of 6 (3599 views)
Shortcut
No prologue its better [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing the six in a row, I found that without the prologue, averything sets up nicely, you start in a more light way, again in the shire and with Gandalf, Bilbo and all that. You even spect Balin and the dwarves to show up at some point.

With the prologue, haveing seen the hobbit there is no mistery. The prologue I would liked to see it in the council of Elrond, or even better at the begining of ROTK, instead the gollum prologue.

The second choice is better because at the time of the Council, Sauron and Mordor are still a bit shape less. It is all glimpses, and then at Amon Hen, when you see Barad dur for the first time, it is more impressive.

Then, at the begining of Rotk, the prologue it prepares you for the war, and at last shows you Sauron in armor, also presents Isildur, wich will shine somehow in Aragorn in the same movie, not two movies earlier.

lurtz2010
Rohan

Apr 20 2018, 1:40am

Post #6 of 6 (3572 views)
Shortcut
There needed to be some backstory earlier than that [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it was best having the prologue at the start of FOTR, the only other place it would fit if not then would be when Gandalf is telling Frodo about the ring in Bag End similar to how it is in the “shadow of past” chapter in the book. Anything later than that would leave the audience confused as to what it’s all about wouldn’t it?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.