Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Middle-earth TV Series Plots
Poll: Middle-earth TV Series Plots
1. Aragorn is framed for murder and has to clear himself while being mercilessly pursued by Halbarad, Elladan, and Elrohir.
2. Aragorn is captured by the Goblin King and is set free at sundown without any clothes or weapons to be hunted by goblins. Can he survive until daybreak?
3. Aragorn is captured by an all female society (say, a garden of sexy Entwives or a rogue band of Shield Maidens) who execute all male captives. Can Aragorn “cure” them of their misandry?
4. Aragorn is mind-switched with a Nazgul and must convince Elrond of his true identity before the imposter destroys Rivendell.
5. Aragorn and Legolas have a falling out and go their separate ways, only to have the misunderstanding resolved by the end of the episode.
6. Aragorn and Arwen break up only to have the misunderstanding resolved by the end of the episode.
7. Aragorn accidentally ends up engaged to a hobbit maid. Hilarity ensues.
8. Galadriel goes nuclear and turns Aragorn into a newt. Hilarity ensues.
9. Loose cannon Aragorn is forced to team up with a by-the-book hobbit sherriff to solve a crime in the Shire.
10. The Valar decide to put Mankind on trial and Aragorn must prove that Men are worthy.
11. The all singing and dancing Old Forest episode.
12. The all swimsuit and beach volleyball Grey Havens episode.
13. A day in the life.
14. All.
15. None.
16. Other.
17. I will not say: do not watch; for not all TV series are an evil.
View Results (47 votes)

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 16 2018, 3:12pm

Post #1 of 12 (6264 views)
Shortcut
Middle-earth TV Series Plots Can't Post

Different TV series often recycle the same plots over and over again. (For example, The Bionic Woman not only usually used the same plots from The Six Million Dollar Man but often the same dialogue!)

Which of the following standard TV plots are you most looking forward to in the upcoming Middle-earth TV series?

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 16 2018, 6:57pm

Post #2 of 12 (6191 views)
Shortcut
This is quite an insight into your mind, Darkstone. >:D [In reply to] Can't Post

Having said that, I went with naked Aragorn - we've already seen what Vigo can do against Russian mobsters while starkers, so...

Attalus
Lorien

Apr 16 2018, 7:46pm

Post #3 of 12 (6176 views)
Shortcut
I have... [In reply to] Can't Post

...gone with #2. My gf says there is a TV show called "Naked and Afraid," But I didn't believe her. Yikes! Unimpressed

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 16 2018, 10:52pm

Post #4 of 12 (6155 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn is permanently blinded. But he gets better at the end of the episode. [In reply to] Can't Post

After losing a bet, Aragorn has to serve as Angmar's butler for a year. Hilarity ensues.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 17 2018, 12:42am

Post #5 of 12 (6145 views)
Shortcut
You left out a couple... [In reply to] Can't Post

- After a fall, Aragorn has amnesia. He is taken in by a of woodsman and falls for the daughter of the house. After he is reinjured during the obligatory battle against nebulous local enemies, he regains his memory.

- Aragorn is trapped in a cave-in in an abandoned dwarf mine. His Rangers race against time to dig him out.

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 17 2018, 5:21am

Post #6 of 12 (6128 views)
Shortcut
I would be quite partial [In reply to] Can't Post

to number 12 on this list.

Meneldor
Valinor

Apr 17 2018, 2:32pm

Post #7 of 12 (6105 views)
Shortcut
When a sorceror's spell goes wrong, [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn and Arwen switch bodies. They have to keep it a secret cuz reasons. Hilarity ensues. Episode ends with them switched back and some commentary about understanding each other better.

Fereth
Rivendell

Apr 17 2018, 2:59pm

Post #8 of 12 (6099 views)
Shortcut
10. The Valar decide to put Mankind on trial and Aragorn must prove that Men are worthy. [In reply to] Can't Post

John de Lancie guest starring?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 18 2018, 1:02am

Post #9 of 12 (6068 views)
Shortcut
I can easily imagine Q as Mandos. [In reply to] Can't Post

With plenty of snark!

Annael
Immortal

Apr 18 2018, 1:25pm

Post #10 of 12 (6028 views)
Shortcut
the all-singing, all-dancing one of course [In reply to] Can't Post

I love those. And we never did get our tra-la-lally moment in the movies.

Some other plots:

- Aragorn wakes up in an alternate Middle-earth where Sauron & Saruman are the good guys (aided by the hard-working, well-intentioned Orcs) racing against the scheming Elrond, Galadriel, & Gandalf to find the lost One Ring that can undo all the evil the Three have done. But can he convince them he's not Evil Aragorn? And can he get back to his own universe?

- Everyone inadvertently ingests magic mushrooms. Hilarity ensues ... until secrets are revealed that may change relationships forever.

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Apr 23 2018, 3:14am

Post #11 of 12 (5598 views)
Shortcut
Well I voted for #9, but [In reply to] Can't Post

it could get confused with another show featuring a dragon and a hobbit solving crimes in London....

Other possibilities include: Aragorn, Legolas & Gimli taking a wrong turn in Fangorn and ending up in Storybrook. There, Emma Swan must become a Shield-maiden and hook Maleficent up with Smaug before they can find Merry & Pippin; or

After entertaining Eomer and the Rohirrim with a hairy foot-dance, Merry & Pippin find a board game called Jumanji; or

Frodo & Sam are roommates in an apartment complex in Hobbiton, and across the hallway there's a hot chick named Arwen. The show is called "The One Ring Theory."

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Apr 30 2018, 2:46pm

Post #12 of 12 (5115 views)
Shortcut
this is all hilarious but [In reply to] Can't Post

Death in Paradise is such a vaguely awful murder mystery, but the setting is so gorgeous that I have to go with some Middle Earth version of that... Death in the Grey Havens or wherever else they got a beach.

Also the swimsuit episode.

A Hobbiton version of Call the Midwife.

Or Sherlock.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.