The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My Silmarillion cosplays

Foedhrass
The Shire

Apr 10 2018, 8:14pm

Post #1 of 9 (14631 views)
Shortcut
My Silmarillion cosplays Can't Post

I thought I had posted here before, but apparently didn't...
I've started cosplaying in 2016 (or if you count building the costume, in 2015), and have designed and built one Silmarillion armor per year so far. Time to share some photos with you :)

The first was Ambarussa (Amras), son of Feanor:

(photo by Philip Romeyn)

My main cosplay last year was Maeglin, son of Eöl:

(photo by Xander Barenski)

and my new cosplay this year is Aikanáro (Aegnor), son of Finarfin:

(photo by Denise Egal)

On my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/foedhrass/) you find these photos (except for Aikanáro at the moment, I haven't posted the newest photos yet) and many more ;)

Reports: HobbitCon 1 - Hobbit: DoS premiere in Berlin - HobbitCon 2 - HobbitCon 3

(This post was edited by Foedhrass on Apr 10 2018, 8:14pm)

Petty Dwarf
Bree

Apr 10 2018, 8:32pm

Post #2 of 9 (14616 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Those are beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you make the armor yourself? Is it metal, or just plastic made to look like metal?

"No words were laid on stream or stone
When Durin woke and walked alone."

Foedhrass
The Shire

Apr 10 2018, 8:54pm

Post #3 of 9 (14610 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I designed them and built them myself. Most of Ambarussa's armor is made of leather, but yes, the armor for Maeglin and Aikanáro and also Ambarussa's greaves and rerebrace are made of worbla and sprayed/painted and weathered to make it look like metal.

Reports: HobbitCon 1 - Hobbit: DoS premiere in Berlin - HobbitCon 2 - HobbitCon 3

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 10 2018, 8:54pm

Post #4 of 9 (14606 views)
Shortcut
Gorgeous! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 10 2018, 9:52pm

Post #5 of 9 (14605 views)
Shortcut
Impressive! [In reply to] Can't Post

Beautiful job!

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2018, 2:31am

Post #6 of 9 (14518 views)
Shortcut
Gobsmacked [In reply to] Can't Post

Fantastic....

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com
Home of TheOneRing.net Best FanFic stories of 2005 and 2006 "The Last Grey Ship" and "Ashes, East Wind, Hope That Rises" by Erin Rua

(Found in Mathoms, LOTR Tales Untold)

Maciliel
Valinor

Apr 12 2018, 3:17am

Post #7 of 9 (14515 views)
Shortcut
omigosh!!!! these are so beautiful, and so beautifully done! [In reply to] Can't Post

omigosh!!!! these are so beautiful, and so beautifully done!

and the photography is also wonderful... everything comes together and makes it look like these elves are stepping right out of the pages of the sil.... holy cow!

please share more photos! :)

you are most talented!

many cheers, and thank you for sharing these! :)

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Foedhrass
The Shire

Apr 13 2018, 7:09pm

Post #8 of 9 (14361 views)
Shortcut
Thank you very much... [In reply to] Can't Post

... for your kind words! They mean a lot to me. :) A lot of thought went into the process of designing the costumes, not to mention the hundreds of hours of actually making them, so I'm always happy if people like them.

Of course I'll gladly share more pictures here:

Ambarussa, photo by Rokealva (Roke's Cosplay) with her horse Pandora Fatalis

Maeglin
, photo by Stefan Lehrmann

and Aikanáro, photo by Aloha Airbrush:

Foedhrass
The Shire

Aug 17 2018, 3:20pm

Post #9 of 9 (9216 views)
Shortcut
Lords of Gondolin [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got another batch of photos for you. Wink
In May we managed to get all the Lords of Gondolin (and the Ladies) together at the Tolkien Days in Germany - it was awesome!

The instagram accounts of the participants: Standing, from left to right: @blondbrainiac as Rog, @firnen_cosplay as Tuor, @mirkwood.daddy as Ecthelion, @aradheleth_cosplay as Turgon, @lymira_cosplay as Glorfindel, me (@foedhrass) as Maeglin. Sitting: @leyden_manikin as Penlod, @naralessa_cosplay as Galdor, Salgant, @silverlynxcosplay as Duilin, @goldiepond as Egalmoth. The costumes of Rog, Penlod and Salgant were all made by @lymira_shae, the worbla parts by me. Photo by @jxcklee_

From left to right (standing): me (@foedhrass) as Maeglin, @blondbrainiac as Rog, @lealia1992 as Aredhel, @mirkwood.daddy as Ecthelion, @aradheleth_cosplay as Turgon, @lymira_shae as Glorfindel, @elemmireofaman as Elenwe, @silverlynxcosplay as Duilin, @creating_lilia as Idril, @goldiepond as Egalmoth, @firnen_cosplay as Tuor. Sitting: @leyden_manikin as Penlod, Salgant, @Naralessa_cosplay as Galdor. Picture was taken by @jxcklee_

And here one (not so much canon) photo of Maeglin and Idril:
Idril: @creating_lilia, Maeglin: me. (@foedhrass) Photo: @jxcklee_

(This post was edited by Foedhrass on Aug 17 2018, 3:21pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.