Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! April 12

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 12 2018, 2:02pm

Post #1 of 7 (1918 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! April 12 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

How are you doing on your adventure? Here in Michigan, it's getting nice enough outside to officially call it SPRING! Tweety birds, popping-up flower stems (buds on the way), and no snow on the ground! Ahhhhhh... it certainly makes walking a lot more enjoyable. Of course, walking will come after cleaning the rocks thrown by the snow plows into the yard and broken twigs and branches from my many trees... not to mention the black walnuts laying on the ground everywhere! Good Exercise :D

Do tell what you're up to and if you have a goal in mind. I'm still working on the chart in the Eowyn Challenge site and Karen Wynn Fonstad's book, The Atlas of Middle-earth: Minas Tirith to Isengard.:

My Progress: 30 miles
Cumulated 187 of 535 miles. I'm still riding with an incredible Company from Minas Tirith to Rohan. Since leaving, we've passed Gondor's beacons of Amon Dîn, Eilenach (above Drúadan Forest), Nardol (the Fire Hill), Erelas, Minrimmon, and now Calenhad at the foothill of Calenhad peak. We will soon cross into Rohan.

Have a GREAT week! :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 12 2018, 2:03pm

Post #2 of 7 (1909 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell Resources [In reply to] Can't Post

If you'd like some help keeping track of your progress in the Walk to Rivendell Charts, just let me know here or PM me and I'll be happy to figure out where you are and help you keep track as you move along :) Or take a look at the resources at the end of this post. I give you a step-by-step of how I like to keep track of my progress. The hardest part of using the Charts is to decide which one to start with!

TORn Walk to Rivendell – and Beyond! Resources

For Newbies and the Curious - an explanatory note

FYI - How I track my mileage

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Apr 12 2018, 5:50pm

Post #3 of 7 (1900 views)
Shortcut
I have done [In reply to] Can't Post

12.6 miles since my last post

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhúr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mûmak. But we got him!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 12 2018, 9:29pm

Post #4 of 7 (1882 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh... [In reply to] Can't Post

You're in for a great meal :D You've made it to Farmer Maggot's house! GRIP! FANG! WOLF! HEEL!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Ginkgo Marie

Apr 12 2018, 10:09pm

Post #5 of 7 (1880 views)
Shortcut
Spooked by the Black Rider (and remained frozen with fear?) [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been ever so lazy on accumulating dedicated miles toward my quest and busy with many sedentary tasks...

But alas, I have reached a cumulative 32.5 miles, which means I've finally crawled out of the ditch where I was temporarily hibernating/dead to the world. Perhaps now is the perfect time to quicken my pace!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 13 2018, 4:55am

Post #6 of 7 (1861 views)
Shortcut
Ohhhh.... I'd fersher hustle on down the Road!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Black Riders can be such a nuisance ;) WELL DONE! And soon you'll be hanging out with some Elves, right? *high five* Have fun! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 19 2018, 11:25am

Post #7 of 7 (1805 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! April 19 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

How has your week been going? Here in Michigan, the calendar says it's Spring! *look out window* Sure it is... somewhere under the coating of ice and 2 inches of snow ;) BUT the weatherman on TV says it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees this weekend!

I hope you're enjoying your trip and still have that target in sight. One step at a time wins the race :D or one box lifted, or on episode on the treadmill ;)

My Progress: 25 miles
Cumulated 212 of 535 miles from Minas Tirith to Isengard. The Company and I are still riding from Minas Tirith to return fallen Théoden to his homeland. We've passed the 7th and last beacon of Halifirien. We are finally crossing into the realm of Rohan.

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.