The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
A big thanks to all the fools on this board

NottaSackville
Valinor

Apr 5 2018, 12:47am

Post #1 of 9 (8687 views)
Shortcut
A big thanks to all the fools on this board Can't Post

I tip my hat to those of you in charge of the April Fools changes on the board this weekend - very fun and very clever!

I particularly love the little clickbait tags under each board.

Plus, I really needed a new, beautiful avatar, so thanks for that, too.

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 5 2018, 3:23am

Post #2 of 9 (8627 views)
Shortcut
Happy to help! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

The best part is seeing the board members getting into the spirit of the occasion. Thanks everyone! Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Apr 5 2018, 7:18am

Post #3 of 9 (8612 views)
Shortcut
Hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

This always takes extra work by the Admins, not to mention the insane creativity involved, and they do it with such glee! Very very fun, everyone. Thanks for all the zaniness.
Until next year!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 5 2018, 2:04pm

Post #4 of 9 (8587 views)
Shortcut
It was a team effort [In reply to] Can't Post

every one of us contributed something to the overall effort. We had a lot of fun creating this year's April Fool, and it was great to see some folks play along.

Every year, when we start planning, we realize we've set a very high bar from previous years, and we're not sure we can come up with something that will be funny (and maybe fool a few people) without being insulting.

So thanks back to everyone who joined in the fun!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 9 2018, 11:35am

Post #5 of 9 (8311 views)
Shortcut
Cheers! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

*raises mug* Here's to the BEST Admins EVER! :D So creative... and BRAVE!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Altaira
Superuser

Apr 12 2018, 3:01am

Post #6 of 9 (8282 views)
Shortcut
The boards *will* go back to normal [In reply to] Can't Post

Whatever 'normal' is, lol. LaughLaughLaugh

However, I'm up against an uber-mega-massive deadline early next week and it's been all work and no play for me. I'm shooting to do it this weekend as a break from RL.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Starling
Half-elven

Apr 12 2018, 10:33am

Post #7 of 9 (8251 views)
Shortcut
Say not so! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the new style. Cool

NottaSackville
Valinor

Apr 12 2018, 11:33am

Post #8 of 9 (8239 views)
Shortcut
I rather like this version of normal // [In reply to] Can't Post

You're not going to make me give up my avatar, are you? It has become *precious* to me...

Hope real life settles down a bit for you, Altaira!

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 12 2018, 2:13pm

Post #9 of 9 (8243 views)
Shortcut
Oh... I don't use the "N" word! [In reply to] Can't Post

*shudder* ;) You hang in there! I hope your project runs smoothly and quickly so you can enjoy the warmer weather that's moving in... hopefully!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.