Lord of the Rings Caption Contest CLXXXII

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 22 2018, 6:25pm

Post #1 of 11 (5335 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Rings Caption Contest CLXXXII Can't Post

Here's an image that reflects a Lord of the Rings[/] that might have been:

Yes, that's Nicholas Cage, who turned down the role of Aragorn. Larger image http://"http://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/nicolascage-seasonofthewitch-700x408.jpg"]here.

Nick Cage as Aragorn. Caption away!

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 22 2018, 7:14pm

Post #2 of 11 (5272 views)
Shortcut
"Thanks, but I've got to say no, Pete. [In reply to] Can't Post

If I took this role, some crazy dame named Lissuin would make our lives hell - forever. Pickets, letters, emails, mean voicemail messages. She's relentless!"

I really do hate that guy.
Liss Wink

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 22 2018, 8:00pm

Post #3 of 11 (5264 views)
Shortcut
“Alright...Beorn...put…the hobbit…back…in the hole... OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH!” / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Now the Star-bellied Elves had bellies with stars. The Plain-bellied Dwarves had none upon thars."

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 22 2018, 11:06pm

Post #4 of 11 (5244 views)
Shortcut
Fixed link. [In reply to] Can't Post

This should work better. Larger image here.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Mar 22 2018, 11:10pm

Post #5 of 11 (5235 views)
Shortcut
“I shall not seek, nor will I accept, your nomination as a swordsman in your fanciful tale.” / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Loresilme
Valinor

Mar 26 2018, 6:06pm

Post #6 of 11 (4981 views)
Shortcut
"Lord Of The Rock" : starring Nic Cage as Aragorn, Sean Connery as Gandalf, and Ed Harris as Boromir [In reply to] Can't Post

The Rock (1996) IMDb

Sly

Carcharoth
Rivendell

Mar 26 2018, 6:16pm

Post #7 of 11 (4979 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* [no text] [In reply to] Can't Post

Alveric
Lorien

Mar 26 2018, 10:39pm

Post #8 of 11 (4968 views)
Shortcut
Put... the... bunny... I mean, the ring... down! [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Half-elven

Mar 29 2018, 3:21am

Post #9 of 11 (4724 views)
Shortcut
"I'll be taking these Hobbits and whatever cash ya got." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 30 2018, 1:40pm

Post #10 of 11 (4599 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not quite sure when Aragorn, Beorn and a Hobbit would have all been at the same place at the same time, but that was still both funny and meta. You've earned the right to post the April Fool's 2018 entry for the contest, Darkstone!

Darkstone
Immortal

Apr 4 2018, 1:21pm

Post #11 of 11 (4183 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

"Now the Star-bellied Elves had bellies with stars. The Plain-bellied Dwarves had none upon thars."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.