The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Lord of the Rings Caption Contest CLXXXI

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 18 2018, 7:31am

Post #1 of 7 (4810 views)
Shortcut
Lord of the Rings Caption Contest CLXXXI Can't Post

I did try to chose another subject, really I did, but Gandalf just seemed to show up and want to stick around. What is it they say about a wizard arriving precisely when he means to? So, riding along on StingingFly and Belegdir's coat tails, three time's the charm.
Have fun, all!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 18 2018, 12:57pm

Post #2 of 7 (4765 views)
Shortcut
'Bree? Straight through the Gap of Rohan, turn right at Dunland, ford the Greyflood at Tharbad... [In reply to] Can't Post

"...and keep going North until you reach the Great East Road. You can't miss it!"

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Mar 18 2018, 12:58pm)

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Mar 18 2018, 4:29pm

Post #3 of 7 (4724 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf, PJ, & Leggy look on as Aragorn makes a ringer in the Gimli-toss rehearsal. / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 22 2018, 5:46pm

Post #4 of 7 (4342 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

this thread ain't goin nowhere, even with Gandalf pointing the way, eh, Otaku-sempai? Wink Thanks for joining BG and me on the journey, and see if you can get things going with another pic pronto. Mmmm, maybe not yet another Gandalf.
No pressure or anything. Laugh
Cheers.

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Mar 22 2018, 5:48pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 22 2018, 5:50pm

Post #5 of 7 (4336 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

It might take a bit, but I'm sure I can turn up something.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 22 2018, 6:17pm

Post #6 of 7 (4333 views)
Shortcut
Though he loves the concept, PJ fears that a Gandalf "Pull my finger" gag might be too cerebral to fit in with the rest of the humor in the films. / [In reply to] Can't Post

"Now the Star-bellied Elves had bellies with stars. The Plain-bellied Dwarves had none upon thars."

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Mar 22 2018, 6:18pm)

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 22 2018, 6:52pm

Post #7 of 7 (4326 views)
Shortcut
(pffffffft)! And yet, [In reply to] Can't Post

after being inspired by this LOTR behind-the-scenes special feature, a humble techie in Florida developed an app that made million$ for Apple - and the humble techie.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.