The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Username change...

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 14 2018, 10:15pm

Post #1 of 6 (2968 views)
Shortcut
Username change... Can't Post

I asked to change my username to Dwarewien a while back and it still hasn't been done, so I'm wondering if I did something wrong? Or perhaps I should have asked to get it changed in this section instead of sending a PM to an admin (since it seems to take a long time that way)?

"The Lord of the Rings is one of those things. If you like it, you do. If you don't, then you boo." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 14 2018, 11:11pm

Post #2 of 6 (2940 views)
Shortcut
Username changes [In reply to] Can't Post

are done by Altaira, and sometimes she just gets swamped by RL and they get lost in the mix. Try PMing her to remind her. Smile

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 15 2018, 3:37am

Post #3 of 6 (2927 views)
Shortcut
Apologies [In reply to] Can't Post

I never change a username unless I touch base with the person who makes the request to let them know their password will still work, and be sure they're ready. I did that, but didn't hear back for a while and, unfortunately, when you did reply I was dragging from being on the tail end of the horrible coldey-fluey thing going around and playing catch-up from not getting any work done for two weeks. Now that I'm much healthier, and caught up at work, let me know either here or via PM that you're ready, and expecting it, and I'll change away! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 15 2018, 9:28pm

Post #4 of 6 (2850 views)
Shortcut
Ready and waiting... [In reply to] Can't Post

and sorry for the late reply to your PM, I wasn't sure how username changes work around here. Luckily, I get flu shots every year, so I don't have to worry about them too much, just the occasional cold. Mom suggested getting flu shots since my grandmother is in her 90's and we don't want her getting sick, since we don't know how much longer she'll be around. We already lost my grandfather to cancer ten years ago this coming May. I still miss his stories.Smile

"The Lord of the Rings is one of those things. If you like it, you do. If you don't, then you boo." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 15 2018, 9:35pm

Post #5 of 6 (2850 views)
Shortcut
Done! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're all set.

I did get a flu shot. Frown That's why I'm wondering if I had the flu, or another nasty cold that was going around. Of course, flu shots don't guarantee that another flu strain won't get you. In any case, I'm better now! I know what you mean about avoiding people who are frail. Young children to. Good for you for taking care of your grandmother. I bet your grandfather told awesome stories. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Dwarewien
Rohan

Mar 15 2018, 10:12pm

Post #6 of 6 (2848 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's just going to take a little getting used to, since I'm so used to my old username. I should have been more careful choosing it, and used something relating to the ocean, which is something I'll always love, but now I'm starting to get interested in volcanoes (darn you, Hollywood), especially the dangerous ones like Mt. Vesuvius in Italy. Just saw Pompeii a fews weeks ago, and I don't think I could live that close (Naples, maybe, but not Pompeii, though I wouldn't mind seeing the ruins, since it will a lot cheaper than going down to see what's left of the Titanic, which is what turned me into a history buff in the first place. It's always a disaster for some reason, so if I was better at math, I would have been a geologist, but that doesn't mean I can't be an amateur one).Smile

Formerly Queen of Erebor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.