Attachments: FOTR Vinyl.jpg (38.8 KB)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Feb 13 2018, 9:15pm

Post #2 of 39 (10852 views)
Shortcut
Burying the lede, don't you think? ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

It's also being rereleased on CD, which is enormous news that will no doubt make many people happy.

The DVD is being replaced with a BD containing the entire score in uncompressed sound. The DVD in the old set had uncompressed sound if you had a DVD-Audio player, but on regular DVD players, it was just regularly lossy audio.

Here's the link to the CD set (currently priced at $80, but that may go down closer to release): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079PTDW74

Here too is the link to the hi-res image of the vinyl set: https://pbs.twimg.com/...2fWAAAKMXu.jpg:large

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

Lindele
Gondor

Feb 13 2018, 9:17pm

Post #3 of 39 (10838 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's insane. So cool.

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 14 2018, 9:33am

Post #4 of 39 (10770 views)
Shortcut
I have waited for years that this masterpiece will be available on VINYL! [In reply to] Can't Post

I need this! I'm sure this will be an impressive edition.
All CDs (Standard, Limited, Complete) are already on my shelf.

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Feb 14 2018, 9:34am)

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Feb 14 2018, 4:43pm

Post #5 of 39 (10740 views)
Shortcut
Oh My Eru ! [In reply to] Can't Post

I dreamed for MANY years this would happen... a reissue of the complete recordings with a bluray instead of a DVD, to finally be able to listen this wonderful things on Hi Res audio!

Do you think that's the final price ($80) or just the typical entry list price?

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

priell3
Lorien

Feb 14 2018, 4:47pm

Post #6 of 39 (10738 views)
Shortcut
I will be getting the vinyl [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just spinning my turntable the other night with some Bach.

MikeP

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 14 2018, 5:27pm

Post #7 of 39 (10721 views)
Shortcut
List price... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I dreamed for MANY years this would happen... a reissue of the complete recordings with a bluray instead of a DVD, to finally be able to listen this wonderful things on Hi Res audio!

Do you think that's the final price ($80) or just the typical entry list price?

I'd say, entry list price. The 119$ price tag on the vinyl edition is specified as list price at Bullmoose.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Booklet - Custom Booklet Project

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Feb 14 2018, 5:44pm

Post #8 of 39 (10715 views)
Shortcut
Thank you.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope so... $80 is still expensive. Even for a blluray + 3Cds

But regardless I'm so thrilled !

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

Eruclauron
Bree

Feb 15 2018, 3:35am

Post #9 of 39 (10663 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had completely given up hope that these would ever been released again, but now here it is! The vinyl is amazing for folks who want that, but I'm just so giddy about a CD release! I'll be pre-ordering that for sure, and I hope the other two aren't far behind!

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 15 2018, 12:03pm

Post #10 of 39 (10608 views)
Shortcut
Listings on other Amazon sites [In reply to] Can't Post

Now listed on Amazon.co.uk (not active yet):

- FOTR CR (3 CDs + 1 BR): http://amzn.to/2EHXyKN
- FOTR CR (5 LPs): http://amzn.to/2Ghc3Cr
And Amazon.de (not active yet):
- FOTR CR (3 CDs + 1 BR): http://amzn.to/2F4xR56
- FOTR CR (5 LPs): http://amzn.to/2EHGAfL

OldestDaughter
Rohan

Feb 15 2018, 1:26pm

Post #11 of 39 (10599 views)
Shortcut
I'm so excited about this! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm praying that this will be available on Itunes sooner than later! I am too poor for this price lol! And I already have the ROTK complete recordings on Itunes and love it!

"Fingers crossed for Itunes later this year"!Smile

"Keen, heart-piercing was her song as the song of the lark that rises from the gates of night and pours its voice among the dying stars, seeing the sun behind the walls of the world; and the song of Lúthien released the bonds of winter, and the frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth where her feet had passed."

Oscarilbo
Lorien

Feb 15 2018, 8:02pm

Post #12 of 39 (10559 views)
Shortcut
hey... [In reply to] Can't Post

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/...salehAL._SL1500_.jpg

There's a new pic of the set, which is identical to the first release. I Wonder if the bluray tray is also the same. Was kind of annoying.

(This post was edited by Oscarilbo on Feb 15 2018, 8:04pm)

Carcharoth
Rivendell

Feb 17 2018, 2:10pm

Post #13 of 39 (10391 views)
Shortcut
It comes in BD? I'm getting one! [In reply to] Can't Post

I managed to purchase the CDs of all three CRs just before they went out of production, but I didn't realize that they had also been released on DVD.
I don't have a record player anymore, but I'll happily pick up the BD(s).
I do hope they are going to re-release all three films, plus, CRs of the Hobbit film scores would be super nice, as well.

(This post was edited by Carcharoth on Feb 17 2018, 2:20pm)

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Feb 17 2018, 8:50pm

Post #14 of 39 (10345 views)
Shortcut
It comes with the CD set... [In reply to] Can't Post

If you bought the previous sets, you should have the DVDs. They were held on the interior of the front flap, with a rubber nub holding them in place (hopefully they've replaced that nub with plastic this time around - it was notoriously difficult to remove the DVD).

I've been going back and forth whether I would get this set (and the future rereleases of TTT and RotK), as I already have the original ones, and they seem pretty identical outside of the upgrade from DVD to Blu-ray. But owning the complete soundtracks in uncompressed sound may be too tempting to pass up. Hopefully the price will come down a bit closer to release.

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Feb 17 2018, 9:01pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 20 2018, 1:13am

Post #15 of 39 (10113 views)
Shortcut
Wolfy? [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to see you here again! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 21 2018, 8:41am

Post #16 of 39 (10019 views)
Shortcut
UK CD link is live now [In reply to] Can't Post

The UK CD version link is live now.
Price: 62 pounds.

The vinyl link isn't live yet.

(This post was edited by TheHutt on Feb 21 2018, 8:41am)

Silmaril
Rohan

Feb 22 2018, 9:04am

Post #17 of 39 (9927 views)
Shortcut
The LP is limited to 5000. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Rhino is returning to Middle-earth on April 6 with the first soundtrack from the Trilogy, THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING: THE COMPLETE RECORDINGS, available on vinyl for the first time as a 5-LP boxed set ($119.98). Housed in a collector's box with red leather style spine, the collection is limited to 5,000 individually numbered copies on red vinyl."

http://www.rhino.com/...-complete-recordings

(This post was edited by Silmaril on Feb 22 2018, 9:08am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 22 2018, 12:27pm

Post #18 of 39 (9895 views)
Shortcut
There's no better sound than vinyl [In reply to] Can't Post

I still have all the vinyl I've gotten since 1967 high school years. This is incredible news!!!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 22 2018, 2:15pm

Post #19 of 39 (9860 views)
Shortcut
I was dithering until I saw that a little while ago too [In reply to] Can't Post

I don’t yet have a player for these yet, but heck, the set’s been ordered Cool

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 22 2018, 4:04pm

Post #20 of 39 (9852 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

I love seeing records come back. I've always thought the sound is better.

I sold my turntable years ago, so I have to get one too!

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 22 2018, 5:50pm

Post #21 of 39 (9837 views)
Shortcut
Vinyl live in UK/DE! [In reply to] Can't Post

Vinyl version can be ordered in UK and DE now!
UK: £145.53 http://amzn.to/2oiAoRVDE: €223.99 http://amzn.to/2oiMfQ6

Rather cheaper to import the US though. :)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 23 2018, 3:54am

Post #22 of 39 (9796 views)
Shortcut
Release dates... [In reply to] Can't Post

Besides the price difference (the US price is now down to $108), Amazon’s US and EU pages are showing the release date as April 6, while the UK page is showing March 16.

Unimpressed

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Feb 27 2018, 2:21am

Post #23 of 39 (9677 views)
Shortcut
Blu-ray Audio Question [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all! I haven't posted since probably well before TABA came out. Maybe once or twice since then. Good to be back!

This looks great! I just had a question since I don't have a blu-ray player.

Can a blu-ray audio cd be played on a regular cd player or a computer? If not, will there be a version that can be played on a regular cd player? Thanks!

"I've found it is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk, that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I’m afraid, and he gives me courage.” - Gandalf the Grey.

"Do not be afraid Mithrandir, if ever you should need my help, I will come." - Lady Galadriel.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Feb 27 2018, 2:21am)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 27 2018, 2:33am

Post #24 of 39 (9676 views)
Shortcut
No, a regular CD player won’t play a BluRay disc [In reply to] Can't Post

You will need a BluRay player to play them as they have a different format in which content is encoded. Think of BluRay as a step up from CD. Which is why a BluRay player will typically play CDs too.

In any case, the CR set comes with audio CDs that will play on a computer and on any old audio CD player as well. I used to listen to them on my portable Akai CD player... those were the days Evil

TheHutt
Gondor

Feb 27 2018, 1:41pm

Post #25 of 39 (9645 views)
Shortcut
EU releases moved to April 6th [In reply to] Can't Post

The European releases have been moved to April 6th, just like the US (were scheduled for March 16th).

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.