Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: TV Discussion: The Rings of Power:
Major announcement incoming? Speculate here!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

MoreMorgoth
Rivendell

Feb 11 2018, 11:28am

Post #26 of 40 (10361 views)
Shortcut
Amazon series [In reply to] Can't Post

I too would like some definitive news on the Amazon series and am hopeful that is what the announcement is about.

This should be a most interesting year filled with speculations and what-ifs.

entmaiden
Forum Admin

Feb 11 2018, 4:51pm

Post #27 of 40 (10336 views)
Shortcut
I meant in general [In reply to] Can't Post

Every post on the Main Page generates comments, in addition to comments on Facebook.

You might not be reading in Threaded mode. I was responding to Starling, who commented that the Facebook page has been around for years, and there are commenters there who don't post on the message boards.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Feb 11 2018, 4:53pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 11 2018, 5:03pm

Post #28 of 40 (10329 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Every post on the Main Page generates comments, in addition to comments on Facebook.

You might not be reading in Threaded mode. I was responding to Starling, who commented that the Facebook page has been around for years, and there are commenters there who don't post on the message boards.

Sorry, I just plain misunderstood you to be referring to comments about the forthcoming announcement.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 12 2018, 1:59pm

Post #29 of 40 (10226 views)
Shortcut
Nice someone remembers. [In reply to] Can't Post

Boy did the board go nuclear!

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 13 2018, 5:37pm

Post #30 of 40 (10117 views)
Shortcut
Now there's a dream to cherish..... [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the one I would most love to read. More even than Beren and Luthien and much more than Children of Hurin. Fall of Gondolin was always my favourite of the three.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Feb 13 2018, 6:58pm

Post #31 of 40 (10095 views)
Shortcut
I would not be surprised if it happened some day [In reply to] Can't Post

Depending on who ends up being Christopher's eventual successor as literary executor (assuming there is one), and what that person decides is or is not worth doing.

(There was an unauthorized version put out years ago that, if I understood correctly, combined the abandoned version of the tale that is published in Unfinished Tales with the rest of the story as written in the original Lost Tale [although it seems to me that the two works are so different in style that it would be impossible to incorporate them together coherently]. It is claimed that Priscilla Tolkien gave verbal permission for the work, but I have no idea if that is true.)

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 14 2018, 12:02am

Post #32 of 40 (10047 views)
Shortcut
If it does I hope I'm still around! [In reply to] Can't Post

Christopher Tolkien's son - Adam? - spoke at the signing event for Children of Hurin at Waterstones in London, when the book was first published. He seemed very involved with the book - I wondered then if he was in line to take over from his father.
I've seen photos online of the unauthorized Fall of Gondolin, and of a hand-painted version someone did, but I've never seen either in real life. The fragment in Unfinished Tales is beautiful, and even though Gondolin falls, it isn't as doom-laden as Turin's story. I was fascinated by the idea of Gondolin from reading The Hobbit as a child - just that brief reference - and by Finrod from Gildor's mention of him in Fellowship. The sound of the words, and the sense that the story rested on a whole vast history that really existed and had more stories to tell.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Eruonen
Half-elven

Feb 14 2018, 3:51pm

Post #33 of 40 (9951 views)
Shortcut
This director looks like Christopher Lee - Michael Haneke [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.msn.com/...&ocid=spartanntp

He could fill in if needed.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Feb 14 2018, 3:52pm)

Eruonen
Half-elven

Feb 14 2018, 3:53pm

Post #34 of 40 (9951 views)
Shortcut
Never heard of the Facebook page [In reply to] Can't Post

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Feb 16 2018, 12:37am

Post #35 of 40 (9766 views)
Shortcut
Interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

Did we find out what the major announcement was?? Cool

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 16 2018, 1:05am

Post #36 of 40 (9761 views)
Shortcut
Not sure. [In reply to] Can't Post

There has been several items posted on the homepage, but nothing has been identified as the announcement we've been expecting.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Feb 16 2018, 4:51pm

Post #37 of 40 (9677 views)
Shortcut
So are they pulling our legs? [In reply to] Can't Post

I always follow my job through.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 16 2018, 5:07pm

Post #38 of 40 (9676 views)
Shortcut
Probably not. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
So are they pulling our legs?

The major announcement might have been for something other than the Amazon series. It might have been about the Tolkien: Maker of Middle-earth exhibition; or, it might have been the post about Howard Shore’s FOTR Complete Recordings.

Or, it might be something that still has not been announced.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 27 2018, 7:00am

Post #39 of 40 (8760 views)
Shortcut
Amazon Studios Nabs TV Rights for Dark Tower, Wheel of Time, Ringworld, and More [In reply to] Can't Post

This might or might not relate to the announcement that we've been anticipating, but Amazon Studios has acquired the television right to several other fantasy/science fiction properties in addition to The Lord of the Rings.

Amazon Studios made a huge leap forward in their quest to create high fantasy shows/films for their streaming service, and it looks like Lord of the Rings may have been the tip of that Mt. Doom-sized iceberg.

In an additional content announcement regarding the Amazon acquisition of global TV rights for an Iain M. Banks Consider Phlebas TV series adaptation, there were some other big properties mentioned.

About halfway down in the Deadline writeup of the Banks news, there is this drop of information:

“As part of the effort, Amazon made a mega deal for a Lord Of the Rings TV series and is developing a slew of high-profile titles, including The Dark Tower, Wheel of Time, Ringworld, Lazarus and Snow Crash”

The article continues at Bleeding Cool.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Mar 4 2018, 4:11pm

Post #40 of 40 (8263 views)
Shortcut
All of those potential series would be extremely costly to produce [In reply to] Can't Post

....if LOTR fizzles on to TWOT? And if that fizzles.....the rest won't see the light of day.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.