Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Feb 16, 4:56pm

Post #1 of 40 (408 views)
Shortcut
*gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D Can't Post

Hey everyone! I'm subbing today.

As always, please feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 16, 5:21pm

Post #2 of 40 (339 views)
Shortcut
Hi there, Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll take a mocha latte, please - warm (well, warm for winter!) and rainy today, but last I looked we've got snow on the way this weekend, possibly 8 inches (20 cm). I'd better make sure the snowblower's in proper condition...

Any snow still on the ground in your area, Evey?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Feb 16, 5:30pm

Post #3 of 40 (337 views)
Shortcut
Hey, dernwyn! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope, it all melted yesterday, LOL (and I'm not complaining! ;) ), and no more projected for us just yet.

*gets mug, pours*

Hope you have a great weekend (well, aside from the new snow, I mean)! :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 16, 5:43pm

Post #4 of 40 (335 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Evey - you too! :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 16, 7:48pm

Post #5 of 40 (332 views)
Shortcut
Morning, madam barkeep. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm slowly getting ready for a day of cricket - the local team has made it into the national one-day semi-finals and whoever wins today goes straight into the final. (The loser meets the winner of the other semi-final for a last-chance match.) Unfortunately we're forecast for showers today so we'll see how much cricket we get in.

So could I have a six-pack of something nice to take with me?

Happy end of the week, everyone!
Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Feb 16, 7:52pm

Post #6 of 40 (325 views)
Shortcut
Nice to see you, Ataahua! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure! *grabs six-pack of choice from fridge* :)

Hope that you enjoy the cricket (and that the weather remains good!), and hope you have a great weekend, too!

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Starling
Half-elven

Feb 16, 8:22pm

Post #7 of 40 (333 views)
Shortcut
Summer, be gone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Go back to the firey chasm from whence you came.
Please may I have a wheelbarrow full of ice and snow delivered from the USA. NB: do not use NZ Post as they only deliver three times a week, and I use the term 'deliver' loosely.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Feb 16, 8:39pm

Post #8 of 40 (316 views)
Shortcut
LOL. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd send you some, but it all just melted... :P

*gets drink-of-choice*

Hope you have a great (and cooler, if possible!) weekend, Starling! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Feb 16, 8:40pm

Post #9 of 40 (315 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve sign* Thanks for having me as a sub today, everyone, and I hope you all have great weekends! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 16, 9:21pm

Post #10 of 40 (316 views)
Shortcut
I've got a darling postie on my route. [In reply to] Can't Post

When I've ordered books from overseas, she drops them off at my back door rather than leave them in the letterbox. I'd send a thank you through to NZ Post to acknowledge her but I doubt she should be doing this and I don't want to get her in trouble!

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 16, 10:24pm

Post #11 of 40 (310 views)
Shortcut
Hey Evey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for grabbing the keys!

I took Fell Beast in to the vet (Dr. Pol) for a check-over and rabies shot. I can't believe she's 8yo already! It's the first time she's been out of the house in about 5 years... let alone trapped in the cat carrier, so she was NOT happy! I've got to take her back in on March 7 to have a major teeth cleaning under anesthesia :( She's REALLY gonna be mad at me! She's such a sweet soul. I hate putting her through the trauma, but it's better than losing teeth later on like my pup Puddifoot went through towards the end. Plus, her bad breath scorched my eyebrows!

I've had an eventful week on a mighty hunt in and around my house. T'is the season for checking for mice in the basement. I've caught 7 in the past week! I didn't even know they were there! But I live in the country and it's winter. Poor things are just trying to survive. Sorry...NO OCCUPANCY! I use a couple of live traps baited with peanut butter on an oyster cracker. Works like a charm! Such a simple trap. A plastic rectangular/cube with a trap door they push open to get at the bait and it drops closed behind them. Works every time!

Mice Cube

THEN I was out working in the garage and spotted the possum that took up residency last fall. I threw some dry cat food into the big cat carrier and held it up perching the front end on the wood pile he was travelling on.... door swung open. Sad to say, they're really dumb! He looked right at me standing there holding up the back end of the carrier so I could drop it down once he went for the food making him slide in and the door drop shut. We were both frozen still... waiting... forever! Yes... they do freeze!. Then he went inside. GOTCHA! We went on a 4-mile drive into wooded country and I turned him loose. The mice get the same deal... but not 4 miles away. ;) So instead of rifles and guns on the wall, I'm mounting the carrier and cubes. ;)

I'm going to sneak a hot chocolate ;) I hope there's a great weekend for one and all!

*hugs*

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 16, 10:26pm

Post #12 of 40 (308 views)
Shortcut
I saw the storm heading your way [In reply to] Can't Post

on the news this morning :( MORE SNOW! I hope you "weather" it well and can just stay hunkered down for the weekend. Take Care! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 16, 10:27pm

Post #13 of 40 (308 views)
Shortcut
How'd we do! *crosses fingers* [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the rain held off. AND I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 16, 10:28pm

Post #14 of 40 (318 views)
Shortcut
A nice glass of Colheita Port [In reply to] Can't Post

Krohn 1968 if you got it.

Almost powered through my Influenza B this past week but crashed and burned last night. Guess I'm getting old.

I seemed to have solved my Medicare enrollment problem.

Also I thought bought a book from Amazon but somehow ended up with 24 cans of Swanson chicken broth.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 16, 10:29pm

Post #15 of 40 (313 views)
Shortcut
*blink, blink* Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know... the hot days are getting old about now. I LOVE that picture! It looks a lot like a robin (Michigan's state bird). We know spring is here when you see and hear the robins. When they disappear, it's officially winter.

Have a very cool weekend, m'dear!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 16, 10:37pm

Post #16 of 40 (310 views)
Shortcut
What a week! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought you were making that port up! Too many vowels, dude!

I'm so sorry you had the flu :( That chicken soup came too late, eh? Good luck getting Amazon to straighten it out (like Medicare :( Somewhere someone is enjoying a good read!

I hope you have a great weekend :D FEEL BETTER!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Feb 16, 10:47pm

Post #17 of 40 (314 views)
Shortcut
This weekend? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just got back from Big D with an armload of books and a few Old Navy purchases of undies. Also hit Home Depot and am now equipped with a dandelion fork and a new doormat. Some critter drug the old one off, and if I catch it, it isn't going to get a nice ride like GrammaBD's possum.

Susie is due home in an hour or so, so give me a Beefeater dry martini up, with two olives. We are going out to dinner tonight, but probably not a movie, as I am being surly Pirate

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhķr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a MŻmak. But we got him!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Feb 17, 1:43am

Post #18 of 40 (295 views)
Shortcut
First half of the game is done. [In reply to] Can't Post

We're in the lunch break now - the rain clouds are gathering...

Unsure

Ataahua's stories

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Feb 17, 2:38am

Post #19 of 40 (298 views)
Shortcut
So, what does this mean? [In reply to] Can't Post

Robins and grackles, oh, my! Is it Spring again or not, and why? ;)

We went from icy storm to nicely warm exactly one week later. Then it got reeeeally Spring-y. Now, we're back to snow again for the weekend.

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17, 2:04pm

Post #20 of 40 (242 views)
Shortcut
I'll bet [In reply to] Can't Post

it means Spring is getting close! FORGET GROUNDHOGS! It has to mean the birds' migration north is through warmer weather... which is leading back to us! :D

If I start smelling skunk and seeing the maple syrup buckets hanging on my farmtown's maple trees, I know Spring is coming very soon!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17, 2:07pm

Post #21 of 40 (246 views)
Shortcut
Surly you jest! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll bet once you get going on your night out you'll have a good time :) And Ice Cream stop always leads to a happy ending!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Feb 17, 3:10pm

Post #22 of 40 (236 views)
Shortcut
We've already got one of those things occurring, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

The skunks have mostly been road casualties, though we did actually spot a live one as we drove by the ski resort a couple weeks or so ago. I don't think there've been any snowy owl sightings lately, a few resident birds have been practicing their Spring calls, and the weeping willows are noticeably yellowing, so... Your turn is coming.

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Annael
Half-elven

Feb 17, 4:51pm

Post #23 of 40 (235 views)
Shortcut
this was a week of everything taking a long time [In reply to] Can't Post

Wednesday: three hours at the ophthalmologist's to find out I don't have glaucoma. They tested EVERYTHING. Even my lung function (?). (I'm a singer: my lung function was way above the average for women of any age.) Thursday: three hours for my mechanic to figure out a problem with my car that he can't fix until next week. Then yesterday, THE ENTIRE DAY just to get a new muffler and tailpipe. Most of which I spent at Starbuck's, writing.

Hoping to see "Black Panther" soon but it's sold out until NEXT weekend.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around Ö The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

(This post was edited by Annael on Feb 17, 4:52pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17, 5:50pm

Post #24 of 40 (218 views)
Shortcut
Well... things (I hear) come in 3s... [In reply to] Can't Post

But Not Like This! Wow! I'm so glad you don't have glaucoma; but the suspense while waiting had to be nerve-racking. 3-hrs for the mechanic to decide you can do this again next week! AND THEN 3-times longer than normal for a muffler / tailpipe? Geez! Was he taking a nap in the back seat!?

I'm going to get to the Black Panther this weekend, hopefully. I can't pre-buy my ticket until the rest of my world tells me when I'm free ;)

Hang in there!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Feb 17, 7:01pm

Post #25 of 40 (213 views)
Shortcut
I wish! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'll bet once you get going on your night out you'll have a good time :) And Ice Cream stop always leads to a happy ending!

Thanks for the thought, but my gf (she is a runner) wouldn't eat ice cream if it was free on the counter. I haven't had ice cream in over ten years, since we got together.. When I make dessert, it is something like poached pears. We ended up in a honky tonk in Terrell where she was out on the dance floor with two other girls for an hour and I nursed a whiskey. But it was fun, though my ears rang for a while.

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhķr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a MŻmak. But we got him!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.