Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Middle-earth TV Series Discussion:
Worst ideas for a Middle-Earth series
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 18 2017, 10:03pm

Post #26 of 47 (1613 views)
Shortcut
Mighty Morphin Dúnedain Rangers [In reply to] Can't Post

On a trip to Valinor two Elves discover a raft with a darkly beautiful woman and a bunch of highly evolved cats, inadvertently releasing the evil sorceress Queen Berúthiel after over 2000 years of exile. Upon her release, the queen and her army of evil cat people set their sights on conquering Middle-earth. The Council of the Valar becomes aware of her release and orders the wizard Gandalf to select five special warriors to defend Arda from Queen Berúthiel's attacks. The five chosen are Aragorn (The Silver Ranger), Arwen (The Pink Ranger), Legolas (The Green Ranger), Gimli (The Golden Ranger), and Bilbo (The Blue Ranger). Gandalf gives them the ability to transform into a fighting force known as the Dúnedain Rangers, providing them with colossal assault machines called Argons, which can combine into one giant humanoid fighting machine known as the Argonath!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 19 2017, 12:54am

Post #27 of 47 (1593 views)
Shortcut
Or, The ThunderCats of Queen Berúthiel // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 19 2017, 1:53am

Post #28 of 47 (1595 views)
Shortcut
Uphill, Bottom Hill otherwise known as Sam's End or Baggins Abbey [In reply to] Can't Post

The tales of toil, service and sacrifice of underclass hobbits who served their masters faithfully before, during and after The Great War...of the ring.

Rosie....sassy kitchen wench with a heart of gold
Sam....honest gardner who keens for Rosie
Ted...the troublesome miller who has an eye on Rosie
Hamfast aka Gaffer - senior gardener with a fondness for drink
Lobelia ......conniving cousin of Master Baggins

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 19 2017, 4:51pm

Post #29 of 47 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Last of the Summer Winyards [In reply to] Can't Post

Merry, Pippin, and Sam are now quite old and retired from work life. They spend their days wandering around the Shire generally making a nuisance of themselves and interfering with the local populace.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Dec 19 2017, 5:11pm

Post #30 of 47 (1525 views)
Shortcut
The problem with this one is...I think I'd like it. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 19 2017, 5:21pm

Post #31 of 47 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Upon reflection [In reply to] Can't Post

so would I. :)

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 19 2017, 5:28pm

Post #32 of 47 (1520 views)
Shortcut
Of course, the true heirs to Bag End died when their boat, the WithyWindanic sunk midstream [In reply to] Can't Post

causing a brutal inheritance fight. Master Baggins is in ring shock from the Great War and unable to continue as lord. Who will usurp him?

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Dec 19 2017, 5:30pm)

noWizardme
Valinor

Dec 19 2017, 7:09pm

Post #33 of 47 (1509 views)
Shortcut
Ghân-buri-Ghân with the wind. // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~
Where's that old read-through discussion?
A wonderful list of links to previous chapters in the 2014-2016 LOTR read-through (and to previous read-throughs) is curated by our very own 'squire' here http://users.bestweb.net/...-SixthDiscussion.htm

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 19 2017, 8:25pm

Post #34 of 47 (1493 views)
Shortcut
The Real Fishwives of Middle-Earth [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosie Cotton, Arwen, Éowyn, Galadriel, and Lobelia Sackville-Baggins traipse about Middle-Earth sniping at one another while spending heavy amounts of money and drinking even more heavily.

Fichtenbrenner
The Shire

Dec 19 2017, 9:24pm

Post #35 of 47 (1485 views)
Shortcut
A Hobbit and his Warg [In reply to] Can't Post

When Frodo was still little, I mean even more little than later, he always wanted to have a pet. His uncle Bilbo wasn't really fond of that idea though. But some day he discovered a warg puppy by accident. Will its orcish owner ever find out where Frodo lives and take the puppy away from him?

(This post was edited by Fichtenbrenner on Dec 19 2017, 9:25pm)

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 20 2017, 1:54am

Post #36 of 47 (1467 views)
Shortcut
Kind of like "White Fang" [In reply to] Can't Post

Warg pup found by a young hobbit and they forge an unlikely companionship, despite disapproval of Shire folk as the little beast grows and grows. He is soon trained to accept the hobbit as a rider. They leave to live in the Wilderland after being blamed for a series of sheep deaths.

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 20 2017, 2:09am

Post #37 of 47 (1467 views)
Shortcut
That makes me think what it would be like in a ME where Galadriel accepted the bling ring [In reply to] Can't Post

that Frodo offered. Would love to see the Galadriel of Power strutting about the lands. She would probably have a retinue of other power hungry women at her beck and call. There are not many female characters in the legendarium that would qualify as evil - maybe the noted Queen Beruthiel....kind of a one liner character...Lobelia Sackville Baggins is greedy - Queen of the Shire?......Galadriel could have twisted Arwen into rejecting Aragorn....Queen of Gondor? Eowyn kills off Eomer and is installed as Queen of Rohan.....see where this is going? Rise of the Nazgals.

MorgulBlade
The Shire

Dec 22 2017, 5:56am

Post #38 of 47 (1387 views)
Shortcut
re: modern setting [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The show will be "based on", but will be set in the 21st century with fast cars, bright lights, big explosions....

Either that or middle fourth age, and we see people start to create guns, etc. (We saw in the films that saruman used gunpowder in the siege of helms deep)

Either that or we see a series where men have now taken over the shire. (like a scouring of the shire but more subtle with men starting to settle there permanently)

No One in Particular
Rivendell

Dec 23 2017, 4:01am

Post #39 of 47 (1363 views)
Shortcut
CSI:Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

And it's many spinoffs.

CSI:Moria
CSI:Northfarthing
CSI:Dunland

While you live, shine
Have no grief at all
Life exists only for a short while
And time demands an end.
Seikilos Epitaph

Morthoron
Gondor

Dec 23 2017, 4:51pm

Post #40 of 47 (1323 views)
Shortcut
This Old Smial... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wherein gardener Gaffer Gamgee and other halfling craftsmen with equally quaint Shire accents rehabilitate and update old hobbit-holes for modern use.

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 23 2017, 6:55pm

Post #41 of 47 (1313 views)
Shortcut
The Last Apprentice [In reply to] Can't Post

Sauron flays the souls and minds of potential apprentices. Mature Themes and Extreme Graphic Violence.

Eruonen
Valinor

Dec 23 2017, 7:05pm

Post #42 of 47 (1310 views)
Shortcut
I would watch that! ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

Jettorex
Lorien

Jan 2, 3:45pm

Post #43 of 47 (1136 views)
Shortcut
CGI [In reply to] Can't Post

too much reliance on CGI and special effects (like what killed the Hobbit movie IMHO). stick with good old fashioned real actors and character development!

- "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

My Book---> www.amazon.com/Popcornmaker

Niceferatu

Feb 12, 7:44am

Post #44 of 47 (908 views)
Shortcut
How Brodda Got His Groove Back [In reply to] Can't Post

How Brodda Got His Groove Back

Brodda, a down-on-his-luck Easterling chief is reassigned to the region of Dor-lómin by his intolerable boss, Morgoth.

Life is looking slightly less miserable for him when he meets the enchanting Lady Aerin (and forcibly takes her for his bride).

He lives happily ever after until his bratty step-nephew Túrin shows up, and all hell breaks loose.

(This post was edited by Niceferatu on Feb 12, 7:53am)

Niceferatu

Feb 12, 8:03am

Post #45 of 47 (904 views)
Shortcut
As the World Túrins [In reply to] Can't Post

As the World Túrins

A poorly produced, low budget soap opera with an annoying cliffhanger "twist" at the end of every episode. "If only he had gone back to DORIATH, this would NEVER had happened." Shocked

Told from the point of view and narrated by Glaurung the dragon (voiced by Gilbert Gottfried). "Hey! Guess what?! She's actually your SISTER, you moron!"Shocked

Stars British comedian Russell Brand as the happy-go-lucky, wise cracking Túrin and Chris Rock as the voice of Gurthang.

Eldorion
Gondor

Feb 12, 9:41am

Post #46 of 47 (903 views)
Shortcut
Fresh Prince of Belfalas [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox1RLgxXnZQ

Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit your ass
I'll tell you how I became the prince of the land Belfalas

In West Emyn Armen I's born and raised
On Anduin is where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
And treatin' the river like my own swimming pool
When a couple Corsairs who were up to no good
Started makin' trouble in my neighborhood
I fought in one little raid and the Steward was wroth
Said "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Dol Amroth"

(Credit for the title belongs to a friend on another forum but the rewritten lyrics are mine.)

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Feb 12, 9:44am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 12, 4:20pm

Post #47 of 47 (871 views)
Shortcut
I'd watch that! [In reply to] Can't Post

T'would make a most excellent skit for SNL. Evil

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.