Aragorn v Conan: Dawn of Fellowship

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 6 2018, 7:53pm

Post #1 of 4 (7670 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn v Conan: Dawn of Fellowship Can't Post

Who wins?

(Assume Conan's mother is *not* named "Gilraen".)

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Feb 6 2018, 7:54pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 6 2018, 9:05pm

Post #2 of 4 (7654 views)
Shortcut
A Tragic Draw? [In reply to] Can't Post

The training, intelligence and determination of Aragorn is cancelled out by Conan's raw strength, hardy constitution and barbarian rage. If they don't fight to a stand-still, call it a draw and clasp arms in mutual respect then they fatally wound each other.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Feb 6 2018, 9:05pm)

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Feb 10 2018, 3:27pm

Post #3 of 4 (7419 views)
Shortcut
Bare knuckles & teeth or two-handed swords & shivs ?? / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

the 13th warrior
Rivendell

Feb 10 2018, 3:27pm

Post #4 of 4 (7421 views)
Shortcut
Excellent idea for Marvel What If or DC Imaginary-Elseworld Stories!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Darkstone, I really like that study in contrast. Conan was the warrior of the age, wenching cutthroat who strangled the King of Aquilona on the steps of the throne to take the crown, getting a slave dancing girl as his queen. That is one way of doing it, violent usurper. Then there is Aragorn who has lineage, heritage, the fabled sword, the love of an elven princess, endures decades of hardship, battle before becoming rightful king. That is more the traditional gallant view of getting the kingship. He earned it.

One on one I would not stake a trolls gold piece on Aragorn fighting Conan and winning. The enormous Cimmerian defeated every kind of warrior, monster, giant spiders, demon bird creatures. So there is nothing aragorn can throw at him, though i give aragorn credit for strength, bravery and endurance. However the future king might say some zen master, jedi psyche dialogue to the other future king. As Aragorn told theoden, "ride out and meet them...for death and glory" and persuaded him, Aragorn might talk conan into taking on a common foe, objective, quest of mutual benefit.

And what is Conan doing in Middle Earth or is Aragorn in Hyborian Age? Did conan arch wizard nemesis thoth amon zap the barbarian into another dimension and he wound up in Middle Earth? Did sauron somehow send Aragorn somewhere, getting rid of the one who can overthrow him? Conan would be quite an asset to the Fellowship, indeed the 10th member of the quest. Aragorn would be a skilled warrior in the Hyborian age.

Anyway sounds like a fun idea, very creative. Like star trek, generations, "Two swordsmen, one destiny." ((In Marvel What Ifs, Conan battled Wolverine, and in another fought then teamed up with a slightly weakened Thor. This one would be equally enjoyable))

The 13th Warrior, Left Field Caliphate
(From the scroll rooms of Gondor...."And he wore the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon a troubled brow...")

(This post was edited by the 13th warrior on Feb 10 2018, 3:33pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.