Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Firefly is back (as books)!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 9, 8:37pm

Post #1 of 4 (255 views)
Shortcut
Firefly is back (as books)! Can't Post

Entertainment Weekly has the news: Firefly canon to expand with series of original books. "The books will be official titles within the Firefly canon, with Whedon serving as consulting editor. The first book is due in the fall."

EW has exclusive details on the first three books in the upcoming Firefly fiction series, including the authors and release dates. Read on below.

Firefly: Big Damn Hero, by Nancy Holder (Oct. 2018)
Captain Malcolm Reynolds finds himself in a dangerous situation after being kidnapped by a bunch of embittered veteran Browncoats.

Firefly: The Magnificent Nine, by James Lovegrove (March 2019)
Jayne receives a distress call from his ex Temperance McCloud that leads the Serenity crew to danger on a desert moon.

Firefly: Generations, by Tim Lebbon (Oct. 2019)
The discovery of the location of one of the legendary Ark ships that brought humans from Earth to the ’Verse promises staggering salvage potential, but at what cost? River Tam thinks she might know …

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Meneldor
Valinor

Feb 10, 12:00am

Post #2 of 4 (229 views)
Shortcut
Big Damn Hero [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds something like an unfilmed episode script I saw online years ago.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Tolkien R.R.J
The Shire

Feb 11, 11:32pm

Post #3 of 4 (211 views)
Shortcut
Good and bad [In reply to] Can't Post

i love firefly but was hoping for a new tv series.

“In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit, eventually I thought I’d better find out what hobbits were like. But that’s only the beginning”
- J.R.R Tolkien

“If you really want to know what middle earth is based on, it’s my wonder and delight in the earth as is, particularity the natural earth”
-J.R.R Tolkien

“If literature teaches us anything at all, it is this that we have in us an eternal element.”
-J.R.R Tolkien

Annael
Half-elven

Feb 12, 5:08pm

Post #4 of 4 (183 views)
Shortcut
I've been picking up the graphic novels as they come out [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't want to leave that 'verse, do we?

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around … The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.