The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Feeling ignored again.

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Feb 7 2018, 3:02pm

Post #1 of 11 (2199 views)
Shortcut
Feeling ignored again. Can't Post

So I came back from a long break and I've been working with a group that is making a scenario Silmarillion film project. I have posted the cast and asked for opinions. So far, there's been only one. One of the reasons I put up that cast was for opinions from people on the site.

I also seem to have stopped the thread about Logan getting an Oscar nomination and Wonder Woman not getting any in its tracks.

I always follow my job through.

(This post was edited by ange1e4e5 on Feb 7 2018, 3:04pm)

NottaSackville
Valinor

Feb 7 2018, 6:24pm

Post #2 of 11 (2140 views)
Shortcut
Actually, your thread seems quite popular [In reply to] Can't Post

I see there are 18 posts in your thread, which is more than all but 6 posts have gotten in the last month and a half on the Main board. I realize that many of those posts are your responses, but many are not.

I understand that you wish your Silmarillion posts got more interest, but the level of board interest is what it is. Some people have an interest in exploring the topic and some (most?) do not and that does not seem likely to change.

Notta

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 7 2018, 6:39pm

Post #3 of 11 (2137 views)
Shortcut
Hi there ange. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it can be disheartening to not have people discuss the topics that interest you, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

My suggestion is to go with the flow and just chat away in these threads as they evolve onto different topics. You might find your areas of interest broadening, and there's no telling on what weird or fascination topic a tangential discussion might land! :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

ange1e4e5
Gondor

Feb 7 2018, 9:26pm

Post #4 of 11 (2117 views)
Shortcut
Well, it was like this: [In reply to] Can't Post

Thread got taken in a direction I didn't want it to go. And that I was talking to myself.

I always follow my job through.

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Feb 7 2018, 10:43pm

Post #5 of 11 (2105 views)
Shortcut
On forums, as in life... [In reply to] Can't Post

...people don't always do exactly what you want them to do. It's rarely because they are trying to make you feel bad, but rather because other people are autonomous actors with their own wants, needs, feelings, and preferences that don't always align with yours. I think the best response in situations like this is to simply accept the fact that the outcome you wanted did not occur and move on. However, if you feel strongly having this discussion here and now, it could be helpful to provide some of your own thoughts to help nudge the conversation in the specific direction you had in mind, since just posting a list of 40+ names isn't much to go on. What is rarely the best course of action is to scold people or to give the impression that you believe you are entitled to getting whatever reaction it is you want.

(This post was edited by Eldorion on Feb 7 2018, 10:44pm)

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 15 2018, 4:33am

Post #6 of 11 (1703 views)
Shortcut
Requesting deletion of my reading-thread post on the OT forum. [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't want to start a new thread just to ask that this "parable" post be deleted. I was feeling a bit heated and have now thought better of it.

Treason doth neuer prosper? What's the Reason?
for if it prosper none dare call it treason.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Feb 15 2018, 5:10am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 15 2018, 5:10am

Post #7 of 11 (1684 views)
Shortcut
Done. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Feb 15 2018, 5:44am

Post #8 of 11 (1691 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Does Tolkien refer to Lake-town being built on "stilts", "piles", or some other term? I cannot recall.

Treason doth neuer prosper? What's the Reason?
for if it prosper none dare call it treason.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 15 2018, 6:24am

Post #9 of 11 (1686 views)
Shortcut
Piles [In reply to] Can't Post

A great bridge made of wood ran out to where on huge piles made of forest trees was built a busy wooden town, not a town of elves but of Men, who still dared to dwell here under the shadow of the distant dragon-mountain.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Feb 15 2018, 5:51pm

Post #10 of 11 (1641 views)
Shortcut
Ask anyone who’s spent weeks sitting on a small inner-tube [In reply to] Can't Post

about piles. The grief, the excruciation, the scalpel . Frown

Oh, THOSE piles . . . . . . Nevermind! Blush

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

CuriousG
Half-elven

Feb 15 2018, 10:57pm

Post #11 of 11 (1605 views)
Shortcut
Ugh, Brace—too much information! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.