Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! February 1

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 1 2018, 12:42pm

Post #1 of 5 (1519 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! February 1 Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

Here we are on the first day of February. I have always counted this as half-way through the cold Winter months here in Michigan. They days are getting longer with more sunlight... which always makes me happy! :D

My indoor projects are moving forward and keeping me on the move.

How are your journeys going? Please share what you're doing to gather your miles and how well that's working for you :)

See you on the Road!

My Progress: 27 miles (4740) carry 12 miles difference to next chart
Cumulated 150 miles of the 138 miles into the Minas Tirith to the Morannon. The Captains (and Pippin & I) have reached the Black Gate! After a pretty epic parley with Sauron's mouthpiece, we engaged in and equally epic battle on the ground and in the air when the Eagles swept in out of nowhere! After the battle and the fall of Barad-dur, a few of the Eagles flew off over those lands while we prepared for the return journey to Minas Tirith. Thus ends this chapter of the story and this chart ;)

Postcard from the Black Gate!

If you'd like some help keeping track of your progress in the Walk to Rivendell Charts, just PM me and I'll be happy to figure out where you are and help you keep track as you move along :) Or take a look at the resources at the end of this post. I give you a step-by-step of how I like to keep track of my progress. The hardest part of using the Charts is to decide which one to start with!

TORn Walk to Rivendell – and Beyond! Resources
For Newbies and the Curious - an explanatory note

FYI - How I track my mileage

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 8 2018, 2:27pm

Post #2 of 5 (1449 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! February 8 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Walkers!

How are you coming along on your Quests? Let us know what your goal is (weight loss, accumulating mile target, home repairs, garden building, etc.) and how your progress is coming along. Do you like to set steps or mini goals to the ultimate? Is it a goal that you've yearned for throughout the years and finally have a nudge to get started? As the gaffer says, "It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish..." ;)

I'm in room cleaning mode. *crickets* I'd rather be digging for septic tanks... but it must be done once every 10 years, at least!

I hope you have a great week! See you on the Road!!!

My Progress: 26 miles (4766 total miles)
Cumulated 38 of 120 miles from the Morannon to Minas Tirith. It's basically the same group (albeit a bit smaller) that begins our return journey to Minas Tirith after surviving a successful diversion by the Captains of the West, Legolas, Gimli, Pippin and me. I heard we're going to make a stop in Ithilien as we pay special attention to the injured (like Pippin) and rest up. We wonder at the 3 Eagles flying off with Gandalf immediately following the battle at the Black Gate. Very mysterious...

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Attalus
Lorien

Feb 8 2018, 6:20pm

Post #3 of 5 (1437 views)
Shortcut
Miles [In reply to] Can't Post

Good for you! I have done seven. That gets me to the Woody End? Pirate

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhúr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mûmak. But we got him!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 8 2018, 7:32pm

Post #4 of 5 (1426 views)
Shortcut
That's a great start! [In reply to] Can't Post

imho, the hardest part of this is getting started :)

Remember... your miles can be accumulated by any activity, not just walking or running. (i.e. shopping, cleaning, shoveling, yardwork).

Woody End is about 45 miles into the walk. You have entered the great realm of TOOKLAND! From where you are, you can look back and see Hobbiton.... a view the hobbits can't wait to see when they come back home.

*high five* Welcome to the Walk! It's great to see you :)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Feb 8 2018, 7:33pm)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 15 2018, 2:10pm

Post #5 of 5 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell... and Beyond! February 15 [In reply to] Can't Post

Greetings Fellow Travellers!

Here we are midway through February! Here in Michigan, we're enjoying a burst of warm weather... mid-40s for 2 days... before taking on the last half of Winter.

I'm still in a major cleaning phase, so I'm getting lots of converted mileage. Then on to more home repairs.

So how are you all coming along on your journeys? Do you have a goal, or are you content just travelling down the Road and smelling the bacon?
DO TELL!!

2/15/18
My Progress: 31 miles (4797 total miles)
Cumulated 69 of 120 miles from the Morannon to Minas Tirith (via Ithilien). Gimli, Legolas, Aragorn and I have arrived at the encampment on the Field of Cormallen in Ithilien with a wounded Pippin and others... and his friend Beregond stays close by. When we bring Pippin to the tent of the Healers, how surprised were we to find Gandalf with desperately ill Frodo and Sam! It's horrible to see them unconscious and so decimated.

I like these nice, short trips. Especially when we aren't being hunted or shot at!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.