The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
In US stores: The Road Goes Ever On for Adventures in Middle-earth

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 24 2018, 5:59pm

Post #1 of 1 (1511 views)
Shortcut
In US stores: The Road Goes Ever On for Adventures in Middle-earth Can't Post

Cubicle 7 reports that The Road Goes Ever On for the Adventures in Middle-earth OGL is available this week in U.S. stores. A description follows:

The Road Goes Ever On is a set of four, double sided, large format maps covering the greater part of known Middle-earth: Eriador, Wilderland, Rohan and Gondor/Mordor. With Player maps and hexed Loremaster maps, these provide an invaluable play aid for planning your Adventures in Middle-earth journeys.

Also included is a 32-page supplement, packed with ideas, new rules and guidance, which includes:
• Extra inspiration for Journey Events and the wonders of Middle-earth

• Helpful tables to generate and inspire encounters

• A generation system for Middle-earth ruins

• A selection of pre-made monster groups to drop into your Journeys

• Battle maps for camp sites

• A new optional system for awarding XP to those characters who chose to evade combat

• Details on places to stay

• Guidance for awarding XP on the road

• Dooms of Departure and Oaths of Return

The Road Goes Ever On is written by Francesco Nepitello, Steve Emmott, Jon Hodgson, TS Luikart, and Jacob Rogers, with art by Paul Bourne, Andy Hepworth, Jon Hodgson, and Sam Manley. I already own a copy of Journeys & Maps for The One Ring Roleplaying Game, but I'll admit that I'm sorely tempted to purchase this as well even though I already have the maps from the TOR set. On the other hand, I tend to purchase such products directly from Cubicle 7, receiving a free PDF of the item in the process. Of course there are brick-and-mortar stores that participate in the Bits and Mortar program.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jan 24 2018, 6:09pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.