Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*Gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 5:02pm

Post #1 of 41 (522 views)
Shortcut
*Gets keys, unlocks doors* Welcome to Friday Fiesta! :D Can't Post

Hey everyone!

I'm subbing today. :) As always, please feel free to choose your food/drink/music/etc., and tell us about your past week and/or upcoming weekend!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Annael
Half-elven

Jan 19, 5:18pm

Post #2 of 41 (474 views)
Shortcut
Hello, I must be going [In reply to] Can't Post

fun time ahead getting a crown replaced, oh boy!

I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the words begin to move around The words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young.

-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 5:23pm

Post #3 of 41 (463 views)
Shortcut
Yikes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope that goes well, quickly, and as painlessly as possible for you, Annael!

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 5:23pm

Post #4 of 41 (466 views)
Shortcut
Just some tea, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think there's some Constant Comment on the shelves behind the bar. Here's some apple-cake I made yesterday - it's mostly thinly-sliced apples with enough flour, sugar, and egg to hold them together, and lots of cinnamon with a touch of nutmeg and cloves. Help yourselves!

Do you still have some Christmas decorations up? We boxed up all but our tree, it's just a meter high and stands nicely on a small table. The little LED lights and ornaments are still on it, we do enjoy it glowing in the dark on cold days, and just can't bring ourselves to take it down yet! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 5:24pm

Post #5 of 41 (462 views)
Shortcut
Oh bother! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope it all goes well!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 5:31pm

Post #6 of 41 (461 views)
Shortcut
Yum! [In reply to] Can't Post

That cake sounds delicious!! *helps self to slice*

And yep, we still have our tree up, too, LOL. (Personally, I'd never take it down-- it's not a real tree, it looks nice, and it's too much work to pack up, so why not just leave it? We'll see if my opinion wins out. ;) )

*gets tea, pours* Hope you have a great weekend, dernwyn! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 5:38pm

Post #7 of 41 (460 views)
Shortcut
*sips* Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have a great weekend, also - stay warm!

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 6:43pm

Post #8 of 41 (469 views)
Shortcut
Hello, friends! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been quite a good week. The highlight was on Tuesday, when Eledhwen called in. It was lovely to catch up with her!

We've had some much-needed rain, but it's fine-ish today. I'll be heading into the garden soon to do some tidying up, especially of the tomatoes. Meanwhile, the blueberries are fruiting in abundance.

The news that's caused great excitement, and an abundance of well-wishes, here in New Zealand is that our Prime Minister is pregnant! Not a familiar sentence to read :).

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Attalus
Lorien

Jan 19, 6:43pm

Post #9 of 41 (460 views)
Shortcut
Happy Friday [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck at the dentist's, Annael

Today is our last full day in Aspen. I am making a special dinner tonight with Beef Wellington, asparagus, and Yorkshire puds.

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mmak. But we got him!

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 6:55pm

Post #10 of 41 (457 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Kimi! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a good week, indeed!

*pours drink-of-choice*

Hope you have an equally-great weekend! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 19, 8:02pm

Post #11 of 41 (457 views)
Shortcut
I've been in such a happy mood since the announcement. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The news that's caused great excitement, and an abundance of well-wishes, here in New Zealand is that our Prime Minister is pregnant! Not a familiar sentence to read :).

I refuse to let the naysayers pop my bubble. It's such good news on many levels. Smile

We got a bit of rain while Eled was in New Plymouth but not as much as was forecast, and it was warm anyway so it all worked out. It was great to catch up with her again!

My wee news is that the surgeon has agreed to postpone a second hip operation, that was scheduled for February, to see if the recent small improvements continue. I'm relieved - I wasn't looking forward to it. Fingers-crossed that it keeps getting better!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Saurons master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 19, 8:07pm

Post #12 of 41 (448 views)
Shortcut
Oh, fingers crossed, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the improvements continue.

The weather held just enough for us when Eled came, too. A bracing wind, but a warm one. We managed a walk, and had coffee on the terrace. The next day it *tipped* down, so the timing was just right.

Yes, it's such lovely news!

My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Jan 19, 8:14pm

Post #13 of 41 (443 views)
Shortcut
*Sets out Self-Serve sign* Thanks for having me as a sub today, everyone, and I hope you all have great weekends! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 20, 3:04am

Post #14 of 41 (435 views)
Shortcut
psst Attalus... [In reply to] Can't Post

Make sure you view this thread in threaded mode, I think you meant to reply to Annael, not I! Wink

Do you make the Yorkshire pudding the traditional way, in the juices of the Beef Wellington? (And give me a call the next time you're making this dinner, please! Angelic)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 20, 3:06am

Post #15 of 41 (427 views)
Shortcut
Fingers and toes crossed! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great news about postponing the surgery, here's to continued improvement! Smile

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 20, 3:08am

Post #16 of 41 (431 views)
Shortcut
Congrats to the PM! [In reply to] Can't Post

I forget - do you have the small low-bush blueberries, or the larger ones? Do you usually jam them?

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 20, 3:56am

Post #17 of 41 (425 views)
Shortcut
They're about [In reply to] Can't Post

1.5-2m tall, and evergreen. We eat them fresh, and freeze the excess for winter. Mr Kimi makes blueberry muffins and pancakes. I haven't yet had enough of an excess to make jam :).

My historical novels

- A Room With a View

Attalus
Lorien

Jan 20, 5:00am

Post #18 of 41 (427 views)
Shortcut
Heck, I thought I did... [In reply to] Can't Post

I said,

Good luck at the dentist's, Annael

, but that may be my misconceptions. I'm still getting used to this place. Yes, I use the juices of the tenderloin. I would feel awful about wasting them. Wink

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai! We slew the great warrior! Well, yeah, first he killed a bunch of us and another whole lot of Mauhr's lads, and we had to shoot enough arrows into him to drop a Mmak. But we got him!

cats16
Valinor

Jan 20, 7:19am

Post #19 of 41 (415 views)
Shortcut
*pulls up stool* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Evey! Hope you're doing well.

Caught a screening of The Post after work tonight. Up and at 'em early in the morning for this year's Women's Month-That-Comes-After-February event, if you catch my drift. Afterwards, I have in my sights a new vegan ice cream shop, which is doing a delicious-looking brunch on the weekends. Too much goodness in one sentence!

My boss was out of town today, so I had a nice little day off, of sorts. And shockingly, I'm still going strong with my writing-themed New Year's resolutions.

Have a great weekend, all!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jan 20, 9:55am

Post #20 of 41 (408 views)
Shortcut
Good morning all! [In reply to] Can't Post

Grey, wet and cold (but above freezing) here - nothing dramatic, unlike other parts of Britain that have had some serious (by our standards) snow. I do have a couple of little decorative bits on display still, but they're more to do with winter, not overtly festive, so that's okay. A spray of coniferous twigs all covered with glittery frost, and a church candle ring surround (likewise) that actually hangs very well on the wall above the dolls house, beside which a bare tree is decorated with battery-operated snowflake lights. Otherwise, it's back to business as usual, snowdrops opening in the garden and a bunch of hopeful daffodils in a vase in the kitchen window!

I'm just off to meet up with the local voluntary Tree Wardens group, as they're doing some pruning in a community orchard today. I have four potted seedlings to hand over to them; the last of a collection I grew on from seeds collected from Wirral's only official 'ancient tree', the Eastham Yew. I started the group off and ran it for five years before stepping back; since then it's grown and thrived so I feel a certain amount of maternal pride in it. Our trees are precious and constantly under threat; I'm glad to have done my bit in a small way to help them.

Have a good weekend, folks and leave it better than you found it!
*puts Runrig's 'Running to the Light' on the juke box*

Attalus
Lorien

Jan 20, 5:55pm

Post #21 of 41 (363 views)
Shortcut
It seems to be raining all over the world [In reply to] Can't Post

58 degrees F here and rainy.

How British, to have a Tree Warden's Group. JRRT would approve, I am sure. I think I am getting more Anglophilic the older I get. *sips tea*

Greenwood Hobbit
Grey Havens

Jan 20, 6:20pm

Post #22 of 41 (358 views)
Shortcut
It's a national organisation [In reply to] Can't Post

of which our local group is but a tiny twig. Here's the website. http://www.treecouncil.org.uk/Take-Part/Tree-Wardens

Attalus
Lorien

Jan 20, 6:53pm

Post #23 of 41 (354 views)
Shortcut
Very interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

That wouldn't go over in Northeast Texas. We regard all trees that aren't Live Oaks or Magnolias as weeds. Wink Okay, not really. Smile

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 20, 9:52pm

Post #24 of 41 (339 views)
Shortcut
It's a very warm weekend :D [In reply to] Can't Post

We're having a mid-winter thaw here in mid-Michigan. A whomping 42 degrees today! It's hard to believe we were almost minus 42 degrees just 2 weeks ago. I'm getting a lot done outside. :) Although, my winter inside projects aren't getting the attention they deserve. MY BAD!

Thanks lots for taking such great care of us, Evey :D Have a great weekend everyone!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jan 20, 10:01pm

Post #25 of 41 (343 views)
Shortcut
Ah... moving from Princess to Queen? [In reply to] Can't Post

So it's time to get it done, eh? I'm so sorry. I hope it goes fast and there's no discomfort. Hang in there!

For medicinal purposes ;)

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observations List - November 28, 2013
4th draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observations List - May 15, 2014

5th draft of TH:BotFA Geeky Observations List - January 30, 2015

TORn's Geeky Observations Lists for LotR and The Hobbit

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Jan 20, 10:05pm)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.