The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
HOBCAPCON LXXXI

Meneldor
Valinor

Jan 9 2018, 12:08am

Post #1 of 14 (7717 views)
Shortcut
HOBCAPCON LXXXI Can't Post

I seem to be having browser issues. Could someone please try to post the pic from this link? Many thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/.../38689311975/sizes/l

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Jan 9 2018, 1:21am)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2018, 1:21am

Post #2 of 14 (7666 views)
Shortcut
I think you're good with just the link [In reply to] Can't Post

the picture itself is too large for our guidelines. That might be why you were having trouble. I did make your link clickable.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Jan 9 2018, 1:22am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 9 2018, 1:33am

Post #3 of 14 (7663 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil: "My mount has the most bestest antlers!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 9 2018, 3:05am

Post #4 of 14 (7649 views)
Shortcut
*sings* "One of these things is not like the others; one of these things is not quite the same." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Lissuin
Valinor

Jan 9 2018, 7:54am

Post #5 of 14 (7636 views)
Shortcut
Thorin: "I use antlers in all of my decorating, and those will look great over my fireplace!" [In reply to] Can't Post

Bard: "Eh?! What was that?!"
(humming) "mmm...antlers.....mmmm.....decorating......"

Belegdir
Lorien

Jan 9 2018, 5:28pm

Post #6 of 14 (7606 views)
Shortcut
Elves directly behind Thanduil. 1. O come on! [In reply to] Can't Post

2. Mind where you step.
3. It's supposed to be good luck.
4. I'm not cleaning that up.

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 9 2018, 6:02pm

Post #7 of 14 (7588 views)
Shortcut
And their enemy sang as they marched: "I'm a moose! I'm a moose! Will you do the fandango?" but even as the entire Elven-host began to headbang the courage of the Dwarves did not quail. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jan 10 2018, 12:37am

Post #8 of 14 (7551 views)
Shortcut
Twenty-fourth guy western flank, row sixty-six, "I gotta wee!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

dormouse
Half-elven

Jan 10 2018, 7:49pm

Post #9 of 14 (7496 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil does his best not to look...... [In reply to] Can't Post

... as an enormous pair of hands emerge from the head of his beloved moose.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood and every spring
there is a different green. . .

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 12 2018, 8:12pm

Post #10 of 14 (7280 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil has a cunning plan to beat the crush at the New Year's sales. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 12 2018, 10:15pm

Post #11 of 14 (7268 views)
Shortcut
Lol! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Jan 17 2018, 1:32am

Post #12 of 14 (6850 views)
Shortcut
Potty humor! Almost as funny and lucky as dwarves in the toilet. [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations, Belegdir, you have emerged victorious, and condolences, for the onerous duty of hosting the next round is all yours.

As usual, there were lots of funny entries, and all of you aren't half as witty as you deserve to be. (If you figure out what that actually means, explain it to me.)

And thanks to Otaku and entmaiden for the picture assistance.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 17 2018, 3:38am

Post #13 of 14 (6830 views)
Shortcut
You're welcome on the image. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
And thanks to Otaku and entmaiden for the picture assistance.

It helped when I noticed that there were multiple choices for the image size.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Belegdir
Lorien

Jan 17 2018, 2:24pm

Post #14 of 14 (6773 views)
Shortcut
You are too kind. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the win Meneldor. A new image will be forthcoming. :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.