Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit Caption Contest LXXX (Happy New Year edition!)

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 2 2018, 1:34pm

Post #1 of 13 (5966 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit Caption Contest LXXX (Happy New Year edition!) Can't Post

Happy New Year and welcome to the 80th edition of The Hobbit Caption Contest! Many thanks to Otaku-sempai for selecting me as winner last round!

Here is the next screenshot for your captioning attention. What is really going on here WinkSmile?!

Link to larger image (#180)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jan 2 2018, 2:45pm

Post #2 of 13 (5910 views)
Shortcut
"According to this record, Mister Baggins, one of your forebears really DID wed a 'fairy wife'!" [In reply to] Can't Post

"After he passed away, she took ship at the Grey Havens and sailed into the West."

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Meneldor
Valinor

Jan 2 2018, 6:55pm

Post #3 of 13 (5896 views)
Shortcut
"Do you like me? Check yes or no. _Yes _No" [In reply to] Can't Post

All right, which one of you has been passing these notes to Arwen, and where are they coming from?

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 2 2018, 7:07pm

Post #4 of 13 (5890 views)
Shortcut
"You got me a voucher to Gap of Rohan for Christmas? [In reply to] Can't Post

"How ... thoughtful."

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Darkstone
Immortal

Jan 2 2018, 7:11pm

Post #5 of 13 (5888 views)
Shortcut
"You're right! According to the script I say 'Hi, how are you?' not 'How high are you?'!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Jan 2 2018, 9:10pm

Post #6 of 13 (5867 views)
Shortcut
And Eru Ilúvatar said, "Blessed are the short of stature, for theirs is the Kingdom of the Underground." / [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jan 2 2018, 10:12pm

Post #7 of 13 (5863 views)
Shortcut
Elrond couldn't remember 'Tra-la-la-lally' without the aid of the sheet music./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

StingingFly
Lorien

Jan 3 2018, 8:54pm

Post #8 of 13 (5822 views)
Shortcut
"...you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy...It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole our silverware. You bathed in our fountain, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day sirs!... [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by StingingFly on Jan 3 2018, 8:57pm)

Belegdir
Lorien

Jan 3 2018, 9:01pm

Post #9 of 13 (5821 views)
Shortcut
Tsk, tsk, tsk. [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Mr. Baggins. It seems you and your party have racked up quite a bill using the mini-bar. How will you be paying?

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 4 2018, 12:01am

Post #10 of 13 (5809 views)
Shortcut
LOL I just want to say... [In reply to] Can't Post

this is the toughest caption contest I have ever had to judge! These are all so funny I don't know how I'm going to choose just one Sly!

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Jan 4 2018, 3:31pm

Post #11 of 13 (5768 views)
Shortcut
Elrond: You MAY be Thorin Oakenshield, King Under the Mountain... [In reply to] Can't Post

but you are NOT on the guest list, so I must ask you to leave!

I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies - this is me!

from The Greatest Showman

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 8 2018, 2:05am

Post #12 of 13 (5586 views)
Shortcut
And the winner is ...! [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor! It was a tough call this time around, but this round goes to you!

Honorable Mention to ... everybody Sly! Great round and lots of laughs Laugh!

Meneldor
Valinor

Jan 9 2018, 12:00am

Post #13 of 13 (5480 views)
Shortcut
An unexpected honor (?), to be sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme, I am as grateful for your generosity as I am confused by your judgement. But, mine is not to question why, mine is but to post or die!

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.