The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit caption contest LXXIII

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 17 2017, 9:53pm

Post #1 of 12 (6185 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit caption contest LXXIII Can't Post

And here is the next Hobbit Caption Contest - I admit, I have no idea what number we're onBlush

I've been searching for the perfect picture, and I found one that actually does NOT feature Thorin!

He doesn't look too happy about it, either - sorry love, we'll get you next time! Okay, here it is:

Well they don't look to comfortable in those barrels, do they? So, what could POSSIBLY be going on here (besides escaping the Elf dungeon)? Give it your best shot!

Original can be found here: Clickable Link

Hopefully some nice mod will make this clickableSmile [Mod Note: Angelic]

Check out my blog: https://hobbitized.wordpress.com/

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Dec 17 2017, 10:38pm)

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 18 2017, 12:24am

Post #2 of 12 (6133 views)
Shortcut
Get back in there, Bofur, there's no time now! [In reply to] Can't Post

We told you to go before you got in the barrel.

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 18 2017, 12:53pm

Post #3 of 12 (6097 views)
Shortcut
Bofur: "Are we there yet?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 18 2017, 3:08pm

Post #4 of 12 (6086 views)
Shortcut
Bombur: "Um, Bilbo? Shouldn't these barrels have, you know, lids?" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 18 2017, 4:13pm

Post #5 of 12 (6078 views)
Shortcut
Bofur: “Gives true meaning to the old maxim, ‘Your turn in the barrel’, eh boys?” // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 18 2017, 6:12pm

Post #6 of 12 (6068 views)
Shortcut
Bofur: Does anyone else's barrel smell like dung? [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 18 2017, 9:04pm

Post #7 of 12 (6054 views)
Shortcut
A precursor of the Soviet BM-31 “Katyusha”, the Erebor MDL-1 (“Multiple Dwarf Launcher”) was very popular with the sole exceptions of the Enemy and the ammunition. // [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 19 2017, 1:15am

Post #8 of 12 (6020 views)
Shortcut
Out of the giant spiderweb, into the giant honeycomb./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 19 2017, 1:44am

Post #9 of 12 (6017 views)
Shortcut
'We batch-mature our Dwarves in traditional Mirkwood barrels for a full-bodied flavour.' / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Dec 19 2017, 1:45am)

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 19 2017, 8:19pm

Post #10 of 12 (5952 views)
Shortcut
Bofur: Does the hobbit know he's not supposed to get a dwarf wet? [In reply to] Can't Post

Kilidoescartwheels
Valinor

Dec 26 2017, 5:19am

Post #11 of 12 (5355 views)
Shortcut
Merry Christmas - the WINNER! [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope your Christmas was a happy one, and yeah, the barrels should probably have lids. It certainly would have kept the fish out, wouldn't it?Sly I trust you will come up with a suitable photo in the next day or two, and I look forward to seeing it!

Check out my blog: https://hobbitized.wordpress.com/

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 26 2017, 6:09am

Post #12 of 12 (5344 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll manage something, just not tonight! I needs some sleep after surviving another X-mas (actually, it was pretty decent). Tongue

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.