Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
IF the hobbit is split how should it be done/what should the films be called

mordor89
Bree

Apr 30 2008, 10:22am

Post #1 of 9 (362 views)
Shortcut
IF the hobbit is split how should it be done/what should the films be called Can't Post

(for those that havent read it the mtv interview kinda brought this back into question)
end it after gandalf tells co hes going to leave cool wide shot of him rding into the sidtacne then roll credits and 2nd goes back and forth between (to save time) the other stuff and the rest of the hobbit ala the latter 2 LOTR but leave sometihng else for the end after the end of hobbit like mayb the esacpe of gollum or the revealing of the "necromancer"'s identiy give it a revenge of the sith type feel

as for titles call pt 1 the hobbit and base the 2nd on whatever of the other stuff the emphasis is on such as "the necromancer" or "the ranger (or dunidain)" or even "the (decide what to call gollum/smeagol and insert it here)" (or just copy HPDH and do pt 1 and 2 or kill bill and do vol. 1 and 2)

(This post was edited by mordor89 on Apr 30 2008, 10:26am)

Owlyross
Rohan

Apr 30 2008, 1:04pm

Post #2 of 9 (161 views)
Shortcut
It should focus on the dwarves and... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Begin with the history of Durin's folk. We see how they become a wandering, homeless folk, the fall of Moria, the battles with the Goblins, Thrain in the dungeons of the Necromancer etc. I don't think this will happen... I think the Hobbit will probably be one movie, and the second will focus on the White Council and Sauron in Dol Guldur... As such I think I'll just see the first. I certainly don't want to see "cameos" for the sake of it. There's no reason for there to be any focus on Aragorn or Arwen and their meeting. Their story was adequately told in LotR, it doesn't need adding to... There's no reason why we can't see Aragorn's adventures as Thorongil... But personally I'd like to see the tale of the Dwarves regaining their homeland as a sort of parallel of the Jews regaining their homeland... Narratively and thematically that would be most interesting to me.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
Benjamin Franklin
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Horace Walpole (1717 - 1797)

ryanod

Apr 30 2008, 2:43pm

Post #3 of 9 (145 views)
Shortcut
Title, Waffle and a little on the Big Man [In reply to] Can't Post

Title suggestions...A Fistful of Hobbit followed by For a Few Hobbits More ??

Seriously though I've recently watched pretty much all of the GDT films and the thing that really strikes me over and above all else are two things; the attention to character and the effects, which are absolutely astounding given the fact these are not big Bollywood productions (that'd be funny, Bangra LOTR!!!LOL) Hollywood i mean of course.
These two things combined, plus the original writing/production team, cast, non interfering studio = two movies that the whole world is wetting their pants to see !

NO PRESSURE OF COURSE, TAKE YOUR TIME !!

FrodoEyes
Rivendell

Apr 30 2008, 6:06pm

Post #4 of 9 (121 views)
Shortcut
Moovies! [In reply to] Can't Post

I also think The Hobbit will be one film. I would start with a prologue like FOTR, but telling about how Smaug took over Erebor, although this could be told in 'An unexpected Party'.
GDT says that Ian Holm may be involved in some way. Well, some people have said a narrator would be good. The book has one, and if the first film is Bilbos story and the second film is the same story but told by someone else - then why not? He could do a bit of narrating just at the beginning, as he does in FOTR EE. (Incidentally I hope there's a Hobbit EE too!) Plus that way you could have the famous opening sentence from the book. We see old Bilbo in his study in Bag End, as he begins to write 'There and Back Again'. He says: "Hmm, where to start. Ah, yes - in a hole in the ground, there lived a Hobbit...." Perfect! I think, mr Del Toro, that I should work with you on this script!

mordor89
Bree

Apr 30 2008, 7:23pm

Post #5 of 9 (118 views)
Shortcut
they could use it in the trialer prob.. [In reply to] Can't Post

sometinhg like

b4 the fellowhip

b4 the union of the two towers

b4 the king retook his throne

in a hole in the gorund there lived a hobbit

or something like that

leo
Rohan

May 1 2008, 7:44pm

Post #6 of 9 (80 views)
Shortcut
I don't want no... [In reply to] Can't Post

made up title for the second movie. It should be somethinge we can recognise. Maybe the title from a chapter, a story from the appendixes or a book from HOME. The Return of the Shadow springs to mind, even though it is pretty much the first book in LOTR...

Oh well, as long as it isn't going to be something cheesy :-)

ringbearer9
Lorien

May 2 2008, 1:04am

Post #7 of 9 (65 views)
Shortcut
I just hope they don't [In reply to] Can't Post

Use the whole second movie for the war of 5 armies! Talk about a nightmare!!!!! Maybe the movie should end right when the throng is captured by the wood elves and you see a glimpse of them in the cells and then the movie ends??? Maybe it's not a great cliff hanger... :)

ringbearer9
Lorien

May 2 2008, 1:05am

Post #8 of 9 (70 views)
Shortcut
I agree, leo!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by ringbearer9 on May 2 2008, 1:05am)

ringbearer9
Lorien

May 2 2008, 1:05am

Post #9 of 9 (93 views)
Shortcut
That would be cool mordor89 [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it :]

(This post was edited by ringbearer9 on May 2 2008, 1:06am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.