Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CLXXIII (Christmas Edition)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 15 2017, 2:06pm

Post #1 of 16 (4476 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CLXXIII (Christmas Edition) Can't Post

Thank you to Belegir for choosing me to post the 173rd entry in the the Lord of the Rings Caption Contest! In the spirit of the season I'm going to be a llittle different. What do you make of the figure below and his place in Middle-earth, and how would you caption the image?

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Dec 15 2017, 2:11pm)

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 15 2017, 2:28pm

Post #2 of 16 (4412 views)
Shortcut
Pardon me Master Hobbit, could you point me the way to Spare Oom? [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 15 2017, 2:34pm

Post #3 of 16 (4411 views)
Shortcut
* chuckle * [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll admit that Narnia was tickling the back of my mind. If I remember correctly then either the figure or the sleigh was originally accompanied by a hound, but I can't find an image that confirms my recollection. Both were released separately for the Noble Collection around the year 2000.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Dec 15 2017, 2:36pm)

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 15 2017, 4:34pm

Post #4 of 16 (4394 views)
Shortcut
Ho! Ho! Ho! To the bottle I go./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

squire
Half-elven

Dec 15 2017, 7:00pm

Post #5 of 16 (4384 views)
Shortcut
Riders of Rohan! I call you to a weapontake of special magnificence - with presents, mark you, presents for all! // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 15 2017, 7:20pm

Post #6 of 16 (4374 views)
Shortcut
The Red Wizard Formenstámo (North-helper) was tasked to inspire the Polar Bears in rebellion against the Goblins of the North. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Alveric
Lorien

Dec 15 2017, 8:11pm

Post #7 of 16 (4370 views)
Shortcut
First one that makes a grab for this Palantir in my bag gets it with the sword! Oh, and Merry Christmas! [In reply to] Can't Post

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 15 2017, 11:53pm

Post #8 of 16 (4356 views)
Shortcut
Whosoever draweth this sword from this sleigh [In reply to] Can't Post

is rightwise born King of Christmas.

or

Now I have a broadsword
Ho ho ho

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 16 2017, 3:58am

Post #9 of 16 (4339 views)
Shortcut
Haldir and Lindir, I'd like you to meet Reindir./ [In reply to] Can't Post

And Rose drew him in, and set him on the harpsichord bench, and put little Wilhelm Friedemann upon his lap.

He began composing a fugue. 'Well, I'm Bach,' he said.

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 16 2017, 3:50pm

Post #10 of 16 (4311 views)
Shortcut
This year an escapee Father Christmas plans to slay from his sleigh. // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Na Vedui
Rohan

Dec 19 2017, 8:06pm

Post #11 of 16 (4119 views)
Shortcut
Stuck for a Yuletide gift? [In reply to] Can't Post

Visit the
GRAND YULETIDE BAZAAR
in DALE!
Guaranteed genuine Dwarf-made Yuletide toys, gifts and jewellery!
Every piece unique!
Amazing bargains!
Something for everyone!

StingingFly
Lorien

Dec 21 2017, 2:49am

Post #12 of 16 (4046 views)
Shortcut
(as 'tens of thousands' of bloodthirsty elves cheer him on) "A new power is rising! It's victory is at hand!...March to Mordor. Leave none alive. To War!" - Santa is Saruman, or rather Saruman as he was meant to be. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Dec 23 2017, 7:45pm

Post #13 of 16 (3884 views)
Shortcut
Announcing "Theoden, Sing!" our new community choral event, hosted [In reply to] Can't Post

by none other than Rohan's beloved monarch himself, in full holiday costume!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 23 2017, 8:05pm

Post #14 of 16 (3880 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

The win goes to Ethel Duath! Go forth and post. And Merry Christmas!

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Dec 23 2017, 10:11pm

Post #15 of 16 (3869 views)
Shortcut
Why thank you! You should have [In reply to] Can't Post

a *ahem* "runner" up as well, this time.

Off to dig up the next!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 23 2017, 11:24pm

Post #16 of 16 (3861 views)
Shortcut
*rimshot" [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Why thank you! You should have a *ahem* "runner" up as well, this time.

Off to dig up the next!

Happy hunting!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.