The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CLXXII

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 9 2017, 5:37pm

Post #1 of 17 (6686 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CLXXII Can't Post

Thanks once again to BlackFox for the win. Here is the next chilling instalment of the contest. Happy captioning and good luck!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 9 2017, 7:05pm

Post #2 of 17 (6626 views)
Shortcut
"I told you, Pippin: Never challenge a Giant to a snowball fight!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Dec 9 2017, 7:06pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 9 2017, 8:28pm

Post #3 of 17 (6611 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf isn't impressesd when Pippin tips his shampoo over the Falls of Rauros. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Meneldor
Valinor

Dec 9 2017, 9:42pm

Post #4 of 17 (6607 views)
Shortcut
Aye, the tribbles have gotten into the Mines of Moria. // [In reply to] Can't Post

They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters, these see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep. -Psalm 107

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 10 2017, 7:48am

Post #5 of 17 (6563 views)
Shortcut
Grandpa Joe considers disowning Charlie after the Wonka Mobile incident. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 10 2017, 1:24pm

Post #6 of 17 (6547 views)
Shortcut
"What is this new devilry? Some work of the enemy! [In reply to] Can't Post

SNOW CANNON !"

Alveric
Lorien

Dec 10 2017, 1:32pm

Post #7 of 17 (6541 views)
Shortcut
This elven bubble-bath is more trouble than it's worth! [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 10 2017, 7:51pm

Post #8 of 17 (6509 views)
Shortcut
Though an angelic being himself, Gandalf could never quite master the art of snow angels.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 10 2017, 10:13pm

Post #9 of 17 (6487 views)
Shortcut
Pffff! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Dec 11 2017, 1:25am

Post #10 of 17 (6473 views)
Shortcut
"A blizzard is never late, nor is it early. It precipitates precisely when it means to. // [In reply to] Can't Post

sador
Half-elven

Dec 11 2017, 3:34am

Post #11 of 17 (6463 views)
Shortcut
"For once, this stupid hat is useful." // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Dec 11 2017, 3:18pm

Post #12 of 17 (6427 views)
Shortcut
Eru Ilúvatar's method of transforming Gandalf from Grey to White was surprisingly mundane. / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 11 2017, 6:00pm

Post #13 of 17 (6416 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf’s first attempt at snowboarding ends badly. [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 11 2017, 6:01pm

Post #14 of 17 (6410 views)
Shortcut
*applause* :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Bracegirdle
Valinor

Dec 11 2017, 6:11pm

Post #15 of 17 (6409 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf is sorry he ever accepted the cotton-candy concession at the Caradhras Ski Lodge. // [In reply to] Can't Post

‘. . . the rule of no realm is mine . . .
But all worthy things that are in peril . . . those are my care.
For I also am a steward. Did you not know?'

Gandalf to Denethor

Belegdir
Lorien

Dec 15 2017, 11:55am

Post #16 of 17 (6138 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the entries were excellent, but I've been chortling over this one all week. Congratulations!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Dec 15 2017, 1:44pm

Post #17 of 17 (6132 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Belegdir! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am honored and will try to find and post a new entry before the end of the day.

"I may be on the side of the angels, but do not think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.